IAE engines unstable in cruise

Xstasus

Hi guys,

I have an issue with the A32X IAE variants. In cruise the engines constantly spool up and down. The following factors can be excluded from this bug:

• Changing winds, winds have been stable for the pas 15 minutes.
  • Low FPS, my frames are locked at 30 and fraps and the sim itself are indicating 30fps.

I hope you can help me to get me back in the air.

P.s.

Sim: Flight Simulator X + sp2

• Deputy Sheriffs

What version of the Airbus are you on?

The latest version is SP3 with Hotfix f (1.30f). You should update to that version.

If I was you, although it may sound a bit lengthy, reinstall v1.3 and try adding v1.3f, I used to have this problem slightly with v1.3e and it has completely stopped with v1.3f.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The following factors can be excluded from this bug:

• Changing winds, winds have been stable for the pas 15 minutes.

Just to be sure that this is not caused by any turbulences: can you setup some custom weather in your FSX with NO wind at all on any flight level, please?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Simply not recreatable. So something on your system is not as expected.

When you reinstalled it did you delete all remaining Airbus folders under:

...FSX/Aerosoft

...FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/...

...My Documents/Aerosoft/Airbus..

Fixed it :) Thanks for your help!

My guess there was something in the way of hotfix 1.3f in My Documents/Aerosoft/Airbus.., was it not?

Sabre10.

I have no idea, i think so... Now i am dealing with another issue which is the extreme drag during departure... The aircraft first has to gain speed and cant climb has to maintain altitude after the flaps are in (1+f) the aircraft is able to climb with +2500ft/min and still increase its speed isnt that strange?

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea, i think so... Now i am dealing with another issue which is the extreme drag during departure... The aircraft first has to gain speed and cant climb has to maintain altitude after the flaps are in (1+f) the aircraft is able to climb with +2500ft/min and still increase its speed isnt that strange?

Are you in managed mode? The plane levels off to gain speed when past acceleration height. Then it will climb once it reaches 250 knots, the ft/min depends of weight of AC. It will also do this at 10,000AGL.

On this note, a turn with some turbulance makes my stick shaker come on (forgot what Airbus calls a stall warning). The plane seems to struggle to keep out of stall warning territory.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having the same issues but combined, i have both the spool up and the extreme drag, i've had near stall situations recently.

Actual member of IVAO, with PP rating and >200 hours ivan time

Please login to display this image.

Archived