Crash During "DIR TO"

Francescom

Hi, i had the same problem with DIRTO's, then after some lecture about MVC++  Redistributable x86/x64, i found all-in-one package called: vbcfjredist_aio_x86_x64 - just google it. It provides all Microsoft Visual C++ packages from 2005 to 2015 and some other stuff. You need to have two copies of the Redistributable x86 and x64 by the year in your Control Panel -> Programs -  (no matter what your system structure is).

Please make sure you have only two installations of the newest both structures x86 and x64. If you have three or four, just uninstall the older ones, for example:

You have:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 10.0.25212 - uninstall it

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 10.0.25212 - uninstall it

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.61030

That move solved the case for me. If you think that was helpfull or not, please let me know. Bartek

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually,

I have the same MS C++ as you do, and had my first Dir To CTD the other day.  I believe it's just very random and that for at least some people these files aren't causing this.

I'm very happy though, to see you involved and attempting to help!  Thank you so very much for that!

FWIW just had another crash, but only like 5 min after entering DTO enroute EKCH EDDM. Really annoying, especially since there appears to not be a predictable chain of events that will cause one. I do hope AS gets to the bottom of this. I have attached the Event Viewer data in the spoiler below. Shame this otherwise fantastic product is letting some people like me down with these issues that we really shouldn't be dealing with in a product of this caliber, although as I understand it AS are looking into this.

Spoiler

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2/2/2016 14:44:17
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-XXXXXXX
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: FMGS.DLL, version: 1.2.7.82, time stamp: 0x552db3f3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00036b03
Faulting process id: 0x5cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d15dbc6780c41c
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.DLL
Report Id: 75253891-ce46-44fa-8d12-c57f782b8778
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-02T14:44:17.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2056</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-XXXXXX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>46fadb14</Data>
    <Data>FMGS.DLL</Data>
    <Data>1.2.7.82</Data>
    <Data>552db3f3</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00036b03</Data>
    <Data>5cc</Data>
    <Data>01d15dbc6780c41c</Data>
    <Data>C:\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.DLL</Data>
    <Data>75253891-ce46-44fa-8d12-c57f782b8778</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

On 25.1.2016 at 20:45, brtkstn sagte:

Hi, i had the same problem with DIRTO's, then after some lecture about MVC++  Redistributable x86/x64, i found all-in-one package called: vbcfjredist_aio_x86_x64 - just google it. It provides all Microsoft Visual C++ packages from 2005 to 2015 and some other stuff. You need to have two copies of the Redistributable x86 and x64 by the year in your Control Panel -> Programs -  (no matter what your system structure is).

Please make sure you have only two installations of the newest both structures x86 and x64. If you have three or four, just uninstall the older ones, for example:

You have:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 10.0.25212 - uninstall it

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 10.0.25212 - uninstall it

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.61030

That move solved the case for me. If you think that was helpfull or not, please let me know. Bartek

Has anybody tried this with success?

I have not been able to reproduce the DIR TO crash after doing the following:

• Unchecking "Force Software ECAM Rendering"
  • Selecting NavDataPro instead of Navigraph
  • In Active Sky Next disabling:
    • Cloud pop fix
    • Repeating overcast texture pattern fix
  • Following the steps brtkstn outlined

Will continue testing.

9 hours ago, crimtye said:

I have not been able to reproduce the DIR TO crash after doing the following:

• Unchecking "Force Software ECAM Rendering"
  • Selecting NavDataPro instead of Navigraph
  • In Active Sky Next disabling:
    • Cloud pop fix
    • Repeating overcast texture pattern fix
  • Following the steps brtkstn outlined

Will continue testing.

The only way to force your crash is if you have a waypoint in your FMC after the waypoint you are going to. If you are going DCT to waypoint A and then you want to shortcut to waypoint C or B then that is what will produce the crash. Now, if you have a PPOS in your FMC first after deleting the waypoints not including to where you are DCT to then it wont crash. Idk why V1.31 is so buggy. I hope they release a SP addressing this and many issues with the Aerosoft Airbus. It's not a bad plane, but this update has brought many small inconveniences to us flight simulator enthusiast :/

3 hours ago, Electrix_13 said:

I hope they release a SP addressing this and many issues with the Aerosoft Airbus. It's not a bad plane, but this update has brought many small inconveniences to us flight simulator enthusiast

I can't agree with this at all.  Version 1.31 fixed many things, and the aircraft remains stable for our group of testers. If you're having problems, a reinstall may be in order.  We probably make 12 flights per week at the moment (as we're not currently testing anything), and out of 8 people with 8 different computers, only one person (me) has suffered a Dir To CTD and that was only once.

If you are having other issues, would please open a new topic and document them for us? 

Thanks so very much.

Happy Flights!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Be aware that when Dave says "our group of testers" he does not mean the AS beta team but his own team of testers. The AS beta team is testing everyday but as already mentioned the current beta has a lot of tweaks and new options and the AS beta team has not experienced this DIR TO bug sofar. That is why it is so diffecult to pinpoint what the problem is.

There will not be an HF just for this issue as we frankly do not know what is causing it. We are pretty sure though that with the release of SP4 this problem will gone.

Actually Frank... all our guys are AS Beta Testers... we just operate a little differently due to our policy and a pretty inexcusable mistake on the part of the AS staff.  I chose to let sleeping dogs lie on that one, but wanted to be accurate.  :)

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Be aware that when Dave says "our group of testers" he does not mean the AS beta team but his own team of testers. The AS beta team is testing everyday but as already mentioned the current beta has a lot of tweaks and new options and the AS beta team has not experienced this DIR TO bug sofar. That is why it is so diffecult to pinpoint what the problem is.

There will not be an HF just for this issue as we frankly do not know what is causing it. We are pretty sure though that with the release of SP4 this problem will gone.

Can you hint us to when we can expect SP4 to be released?

• Deputy Sheriffs

SP4 will be released after AS releases the new A330. It will contain back-ported features of the A330 as also bugfixes. Neither a release date nor a complete list of included features for SP4 (as also the A330) is currently available.

7 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

SP4 will be released after AS releases the new A330. It will contain back-ported features of the A330 as also bugfixes. Neither a release date nor a complete list of included features for SP4 (as also the A330) is currently available.

I believe a bit further back it was mentioned that some code for the FMGS was being rewritten as part of SP4. It was mentioned that this may help with the DIR TO issue. I don't know if it's too much to ask, but perhaps this part of SP4 could be put out in the form of a hotfix? 

The whole DIR TO issue is not a huge problem, but it's a bit lame that when VATSIM ATC gives a route direct I have to respond with "unable because my plane will crash."

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, crimtye said:

I believe a bit further back it was mentioned that some code for the FMGS was being rewritten as part of SP4. It was mentioned that this may help with the DIR TO issue.

That's right. It was rewritten for the A330. Once the A330 is finished the code can and will be ported back into the smaller buses. If a hotfix would be an option AS would surely do it, but it isn't.

Thanks for the information Tom.

I have one last question, does it make a difference whether one uses Windows 10 or Windows 7? I read on a VA forum that for one person the bug began appearing after upgrading to Windows 10.

We've seen and dispelled that rumor here as well. The only difference it may mske is upgrading library files for those who don't use the Windows update feature, which MAY reduce the frequency  of this problem. I never experienced this with Windows 7 (and I likely fly the aircraft more than most) and first experienced it only with Windows 10.

I wouldn't rush to going back to Windows 7 unless you have other reasons to. I've been running under Windows 10 for about 2 months and while some deeper level things take some getting used to, I'm very pleased with how fast and smooth the operating system is.

On 6/2/2016 at 2:31 PM, Electrix_13 said:

The only way to force your crash is if you have a waypoint in your FMC after the waypoint you are going to. If you are going DCT to waypoint A and then you want to shortcut to waypoint C or B then that is what will produce the crash. Now, if you have a PPOS in your FMC first after deleting the waypoints not including to where you are DCT to then it wont crash.

Thank you! I used this method and it worked for about one week, until I had another crash. 

I was flying LIRF to LBSF, route OKUNO UL5 SPL UM730 RAMAP UL614 NISVA, ILS09 trans NISVA.

While on descend, about 20 nm inbound NISVA, the 320 switched alone towards R299  (FROM NISVA shown on F-PLN page).

The controller instructed me to fly direct BENIL. 

I tried to set BENIL on next wpt of R299 (from R299 LAT-REV page), but suddenly it crashed.

So frustrating

NavDataPro 1602 and 1.31 with font fix for Windows 10 Pro x64

There are so many variables with this issue that any absolute statement is likely not to pan out for anyone but the one it works for. I'm hopeful that the newly programmed FMS will resolve this. Look for it after the A320 is released.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the hint. Of course, spurious crashes are always difficult to fix, especially if you cannot provoke them on your systems. I could, however, provoke a crash easily with only three DIR-TO and a very short flight at 5000'. The crash happens some seconds after a DIR-TO. Maybe some uninitialized variable or a thread that has not been stopped properly.

I could no longer provoke the crashes even with a lot of DIR-TO when I switch to HDG mode before I do the DIR-TO. That needs some further tests, of course. But it is worth trying. I really enjoy the airbus for normal flights.

Archived