ACJ Fuel mods

Emi

• 6 months later...

If you could PM me your file I can do the same with the A321.

Just tell me which values you want to have as I don't really have the time to check what Airbus  offers at the moment.

The files are pretty much the same, only a few values are different, so the mod will work the same way.

I have to wait someone to answer that. I've tried to search about this info, but I didnt come up with anything. British Airways A321 has some extra fuel. Not sure.

On 7/6/2016 at 6:28 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you could PM me your file I can do the same with the A321.

Just tell me which values you want to have as I don't really have the time to check what Airbus  offers at the moment.

The files are pretty much the same, only a few values are different, so the mod will work the same way.

These are the weight variants for the A321-200. In the second picture You could find the values with no ACTs, with one ACT, or with two ACT, which is the one that BA should be using on the former BMED birds. Novair, for example, had the 93.4 tons MTOW, 77.8 tons MLW and 2 ACTs for a total fuel capacity of 29.700 liters. I've tried to tweak the files as well, but I didn't succeed :unsure:

Please login to display this image.

• 2 months later...

Is there any chance this could be done for the new proposed A321neoLR?

weights as follows.

max taxi weight 97400

max take off weight 97000

max zero fuel weight 73800

max landing weight 77800

main fuel tanks max 19000kgs

act (3) 7200kgs (2400kgs each).

i have fs2004, can these weights be changed for one model for example?

for example, could I create a copy of a 321-200, call it A321LR, and change the max weights and max fuel?

i don't have any other mod programs, I would just be changing the files.

many thanks

rogeo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

can an anyone tell me the exact location of the MCDU2c file? I did a search and I can not find it in my computer.

I really appreciate your help.

If someone also have the first zip file can send it to me as PM? Thank you

On 7 June 2016 at 5:35 PM, AdrianoN said:

I have to wait someone to answer that. I've tried to search about this info, but I didnt come up with anything. British Airways A321 has some extra fuel. Not sure.

They do have extra tanks but they don't always use them. I copied this photo from a BA pilot on Twitter before his flight to BAKU (BA145).

Just to add I've seen many BA145 flights initially climbing to 37,000ft before this route ended, which means they were becoming close to empty flights compared to Tel Aviv, Amman and Beirut where you would see initial cruise altitudes of 33,000ft which were shorter miles than Baku.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good evening all,

I did some tweaking on the MCDU2c and on the fuel planner data for the 93.5 tonnes MTOW A321. You could now load up to 23.300 kgs of fuel on the A321, simulating the highest weight and longest range version of the plane with 2 ACTs.

I've only modified the values of the A321 on the MCDU2c file, so that the 318/19/20 remain with the current standard values.

Just copy and paste the "MCDU2c.xml" file in the Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_MCDU2 folder.

The fuel planner has been modified too, and it's working correctly, routes such as LHR-GYD, ARN-TFS and HEL-DXB  are now theoretically doable.

Copy and paste the "Aircraft_320_321.xml" file should be copied into the Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FuelPlanner folder. It has a 220Y configuration, but you could change it to your taste by right clicking on it and choosing "open with notepad" or "open with Word Pad" option.

I kindly ask You to try this little tweak with both CFM and IAE engines and with different loads and give me a feedback to see if there are some things which need to be changed. The most obvious effect is on the climb rates when the plane is almost fully loaded for one of the above mentioned routes, so no reports on this one, please.

As stated in previous posts, make sure to have a backup copy of your MCDU2c and Aircraft_320_321 files, should you want to revert back to the original.

Kindly

Alessandro

MCDU2c.xml

Aircraft_320_321.xml

• 2 weeks later...

I have "almost" completed a A318 flight from KJFK to EGLC ( flight BA2), when I saw an ecam message HYD PTU, and my left engine failed..ummm, while looking for a cure, my right engine then failed...I think I am out of fuel. The Boeing systems screams low fuel, right from the planning stage...whereas the mcdu is not so in your face. Anyway, Seems you can't add fuel in flight(well, I could not find a way) but just come across the MCDU2 conversation here. So, although the BA A318 manages the flight ok in real life maybe I need to add some 'bigger' fuel tanks to my 318? Do I need a A318 MCDU.xml file, or can one of the others do the job?

• 2 months later...

I also posted this in a different topic. What aircraft.cfg and other tweaks can I do to lower the A318 fuel burn to a realistic level? Thanks

On 27/10/2016 at 2:23 PM, por928 said:

I have "almost" completed a A318 flight from KJFK to EGLC ( flight BA2), when I saw an ecam message HYD PTU, and my left engine failed..ummm, while looking for a cure, my right engine then failed...I think I am out of fuel. The Boeing systems screams low fuel, right from the planning stage...whereas the mcdu is not so in your face. Anyway, Seems you can't add fuel in flight(well, I could not find a way) but just come across the MCDU2 conversation here. So, although the BA A318 manages the flight ok in real life maybe I need to add some 'bigger' fuel tanks to my 318? Do I need a A318 MCDU.xml file, or can one of the others do the job?

The aerosoft A318 burns too much fuel, even if you modify the basic empty mass the angle of attack at cruise altitudes above 36,000ft is very excessive as if you are flying a heavier plane than planned. If you use Simbrief or PFPX to plan your flights, change the fuel factor to P14 (+14%) this percentage increases with time, so from London City Airport to Shannon P14 may be excessive by 800kg tip fuel for example, with flights lasting longer than 8 hrs P14 may be too short, but for all my Shonnon to JFK flights P14 hasn't let me down, I'm able to land burning 100-300kg less trip fuel than planned when using P14 keeping my reserves intact, most of the time.

Archived