4096px HD Virtual Cockpit preview

Emi

Hi guys,

the last months Holgi and me have been working on a new project after my new night lighting:
A high definition version of our virtual cockpit.

Please note that Holgi and me are doing this in our free time and it is not an official Aerosoft project!

Until today I invested around 80h in this and a lot more will follow.

Even some parts like the screws, some wear and night lighting have not been done yet, but I think the textures look good enough to show them to you already!

Here is a first picture showcasting the new overheadpanel including all new switches designed from photos taken by one of our fellow testers on the real airplane!

Make sure to view it in fullscreen and if applicable zoom in a little. My 34" monitor is quite big, so the pictures are big, too - in the end the detail is what these are about.

As a comparison I will put pictures how our original textures looked like next to my pictures.

post-29921-0-63086200-1434365887_thumb.j post-29921-0-91042500-1434367726_thumb.j

Have a carefull look how crisp the lines and text on the panel are.

Even if you zoom in you will see they remain clear and easy to read!

My special attention went into the switches which include realistic wear and some dust and dirt effects!

You can actually see which switches are used often and which are almost never touched by the pilots.

The next shot is taken from the mainpane and shows the autobrakes and the clock. You will notice the details that went into the switches again, but also note that even the tiny letters on the clock are now fully readable!

post-29921-0-47649800-1434366165_thumb.j post-29921-0-75071100-1434367735_thumb.j

Those of you who are really into details like me will often have looked at the back of the cockpit and will have been a bit disappointed by the cirquit braker panels.

This belongs to the past now, the new mod includes a fully readable C/B panel, including some reflections on the cirquit brakers themselves!

So far I did not have the time to insert the correct numbers and colours on each C/B, but this is part of the details I will add in the coming weeks.

You can still get an impression what it will look like!

post-29921-0-36963100-1434366448_thumb.j post-29921-0-43143400-1434367757_thumb.j

The last one for today is from the pedestal showing a view from the cockpit door lock over the speedbrakes to the weather radar panel.
At this point I want to point out that the switches have still not been done yet, so the final textures will look a bit better!

I'm still sure you're going to enjoy this though ;)

post-29921-0-16304700-1434366773_thumb.j post-29921-0-74292700-1434367775_thumb.j

So, that's it for now.

As said, many things are still highly WIP at the moment.

I will come up with some new shots next week, probably already including some night lighting!

Ah yeah, and of course there's the one question...... when is it *CENSORED*? Don't ask, I don't know ;)

I'm working hard on it every day (at the moment probably 6 hours a day), but in the end it'll be released when I consider it to be good to suit your needs and make the Airbus ready for the next years of simming!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! Wondering why aerosoft were not able to develope that

Because they made a conscience decision from a design standpoint to attempt to keep the VAS usage, in every aspect to the Buses, to a minimum. Which is something I applaud them for.

That said, I certainly think a modification like this has it's place. I'd like to get my hands on it to take a look at updating my liveries with the option of using either the default flight deck textures or ones in 4K.

• Aerosoft

Because they made a conscience decision from a design standpoint to attempt to keep the VAS usage, in every aspect to the Buses, to a minimum. Which is something I applaud them for.

Indeed. VAS (and FPS) is a major factor for many people. We are by design highly cautious.

You're right of course, my current files use about 300mb VAS more then the "default" Aerosoft Airbus. That's the price you have to pay for this.

I will also offer a 2k version and a "combiversion" which will save some VAS for those who really need it.

My goal for the Combiversion is not to use more VAS than PMDGs latest releases.

I will also offer a 2k version and a "combiversion" which will save some VAS for those who really need it.

My goal for the Combiversion is not to use more VAS than PMDGs latest releases.

This is cool, thank you!

Sabre10

I think it would be great if this could end up in the configurator. That way, if you have a PC that can handle it then a touch of a button and there it is!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

it's been two weeks, but finally I'm back with a few new screenshots.

This time I'm showcasting night lighting.

First of all I'd like to loose some words on the night lighting in the A320 Family of aircraft.

The early Airbusses had a "conventional" style of lighting.

This changed with the second generation Airbusses which now feature LED lighting. Since we simulate an EIS2 Airbus I descided to brake with the lighting style that we originally used in our Airbus and went for the new style lighting.

Now what does this mean?

Well, basically, and all real world pilots I've asked agreed on this, the old lighting looks a bit "Boeing style". The 737 or 777 pilots among you will know what I mean.

That's no longer the case now, with the new lighting you will see the brighter LED lights.

On a first look you may feel a bit "uncomfortable" with the way they look like, but this is one of the things that makes an A320 an A320 and not a 737.

Once you have flown a few legs with it I'm sure you're going to love it!

The first pic shows you some of the mainpanel and the overhead during dawn. It think it looks really nice, even at daylight, doesn't it?

post-29921-0-71684600-1435959446_thumb.j

Now it's time to turn the time to about an hour later and here you go with some real shots during darkness:

post-29921-0-03680500-1435959462_thumb.j

post-29921-0-95714500-1435959479_thumb.j

post-29921-0-36034200-1435959496_thumb.j

post-29921-0-99847600-1435959516_thumb.j

Sorry for the quality of the pics, the forumsoftware really seems to screw it up during the upload.

Here you can download them in full resolution:

Airbus night.zip

Let me know what you think, expecially about the brightness of the lighting, but of course also any other feedback is welcome, too!

Ps.: These pictures show the 2048 version of the files! As you can see everything is still perfectly clear and readable in 2k, but it uses only 25% of the VAS the 4k version uses!

Ps.: These pictures show the 2048 version of the files! As you can see everything is still perfectly clear and readable in 2k, but it uses only 25% of the VAS the 4k version uses!

Looks pretty nice... But i don't know VAS stands for?

Thx!

VAS = virtual adress space. It's the virtual playground your FSX has available to play in and which is limited to 4Gb RAM. If you exceed that space, FS runs out of memory (oom).

VAS = virtual adress space. It's the virtual playground your FSX has available to play in and which is limited to 4Gb RAM. If you exceed that space, FS runs out of memory (oom).

oh, thx... )

Amazing work!

Just wondering if you'll be doing 'all' the buses (A318-21) as, for example, the 18 has the steep approach button etc....

:):):)

Hello Emi.

Is this a very time consuming process or what is the timeframe, as in can we expect it to be finished this year?

Since this is your project and you're doing it by yourself in your freetime (with help of holgi ofc) i take it you would have an idea.

Best regards

Frederik.

Archived