FSX crashes telling me the problem is "MSVCR80.dll"

This happened with Aerosoft's A318/19/20/21 at I think every airport (tested 11: EDDV, EDDH, LOWW, LSZH, EKCH, OMDB, ENGM, EDDL, EDDK, EDDM, EDDS), so I think the problem might be on the Airbus side. I have not yet tested my PMDG Aircraft, will do that tomorrow. The problem occurs 2-5 minutes after starting the flight at the gate. The only recent change/installation I did was ORBX FTX Central v2.

Hope someone can help me,

Regards Florian

It is usually due to Microsoft C++ redistributables. Try to run Windows update, if not, manually update them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Msvcr80.dll is a Microsoft dll which is missing or corrupted on your computer and has nothing to do with Aerosoft and/or the Airbus.

If you do a Google search it will give you numerous hits on this subject.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/msvcr80-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm is an excellent site about this problem and as the previous poster said you'll have to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++

Greetings,

First of all, thanks for your help! I have searched for this dll in google, but the only thing I found was something that had to do with Apple. I'm not using any Apple product or have any Apple software installed on my pc, so I posted this thread.

Anyway, I'll reinstall C++. Do I have to reinstall everything or just a specific version?

Greetings,

Florian

First of all, thanks for your help! I have searched for this dll in google, but the only thing I found was something that had to do with Apple. I'm not using any Apple product or have any Apple software installed on my pc, so I posted this thread.

Anyway, I'll reinstall C++. Do I have to reinstall everything or just a specific version?

Greetings,

Florian

If you read on the link I provided you'll see that's not only Apple products related!

Thanks for your helo, I read the article and downloaded the C++.

Everything works as it should now, at least during the last three flights I made since yesterday.

Florian

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2005 , 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013, 32bit and 64bit.

And before you ask, I don't have any ready download links. Please use Google to find them on the Microsoft website.

Archived