Checklist stuck if Start engine after pushback

doratown

Just wondering anyone had this problem, I was using GSX for pushback, option of GSX in right MCDU is on.

Some airline or airport required engine only can start after pushback is complete or start engine during the turn, So I do simulate this

What I do is, when GSX commencing push, I started the engine 2 first during the turn then start engine 1 when GSX said "in position set parking brake"

Then the pilot didn't announce "engine 1 stablise" and the checklist stuck at "follow AES/GSX instruction" then no more after start checklist

Tried turn checklist on and off, it still the same. until restart the FSX

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you set the parking brakes to ON after pushback has been finished (please see Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 5.7.1)?

Regards

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I just tried it myself e.g. started engine 2 after the pushback turn (using GSX) completely has been finished - and then started engine 1. The call "stabilized" came after the GSX pushback procedure had been finished = "Have a nice trip"...... Then the message "WAIT" appeared on the infobar. After some time the checklist function then normally commenced.

I think your problem is that you did not wait long enough...... that is the reason why we put that message on the infobar. The same message also appears on the MCDU 2 in the CL menu below. So use the infobar and you will see that the checklist commences normally. The reason for that "interuption" is that we can get no signal from GSX about the timing of its pushback function - so we put in this interuption from "engine 1 stabilized" to be sure that the pushback procedure really has been finished......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived