Autopilot spirals out of control

Hi all,

I have recently switched from FSX to P3D v2.5 with an Academic license, and installed the latest and greatest A318/319 from Aerosoft (i believe it's V1.30)

Everything seemed to work just fine, takeoff and climb go well, until i reach cruise level. The aircraft then starts to violently shake and change heading. I checked the weather and no turbulence or weather abnormality was declared, once i switch off the autopilot and regain manual control, everything goes back to normal.

I'm running all of this on a Lenovo laptop which specs are as follows :

Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU @2.10GHz (4CPUs)

8192mb RAM

Intel HD Graphics 4000 + Nvidia GT630M

The FPS is pretty low, even though the setup sounds beefy, it's running most of the time at a horrendously unflyable 9-12 FPS, this is a different issue though.

i've also installed ORBX's FTX Global, but i doubt it has anything to do with this issue, just thought i should mention it.

Whatever this is, i hope someone from the AS team will look it up.

Good day.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The FPS is pretty low, even though the setup sounds beefy, it's running most of the time at a horrendously unflyable 9-12 FPS, this is a different issue though.

That is exactly the problem. The bus needs at least some stable 18 FPS, as it's FBW is calculated on an FPS basis.

Please take a look here what you can do on your frames:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88374-framerate-issues-revisited-again/

Plus of course the usual stuff: disable not needed scenery, don't have all sliders to the right, ...

Thank you for the prompt response

I've tried tweaking around my settings and consulted the post you referred me to, and managed to get a decent 15-20 FPS.

Again, thank you for your response, and count me as a satisfied customer of yours :D

Archived