Bergen X Lake, Pond Trees

Curtis Jarrett

Sirs,

Bergen X installed fine, all looks good. I do notice trees standing in water areas (lakes,ponds) adjacent to taxiways, ramps. Is this normal for this scenery? I do have Orbx FTX Global installed. Tried all configure tools, no difference.

Thank you,

Curtis Jarrett

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post a screenshot of the situation. And tell us which Flightsimulator you are using.

Sir,

Here are a few screenshots. One is by the water at the approach end of 17, and one is by the water behind the technical apron. Notice trees in water. Also, there seem to be a lot of trees at 17 crowding the VOR station.

Thank you,

Curtis Jarrett

post-6080-0-87972500-1432687647_thumb.jp

post-6080-0-04557300-1432687685_thumb.jp

post-6080-0-35350500-1432687710_thumb.jp

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is definitely something wrong. While picture 3 looks good, in picture 1 there shouldn't be a water body at all and also no trees. I do not see them in FSX (with FTX GLobal) even with Autogen and complexity set to extreme dense. As you didn't mention which Flighsimulator, please answer the following questions:

• which Flightsimulator
  • exact version of Bergen
  • any other sceenry/addons installed in this area (other Orbx stuff, freeware...)
  • settings in the Bergen Config Tool (screenshot)

Sir,

Using FSX

Downloaded Bergen X from FlightSim store a few days ago.

Using Orbx Global, Vector, open LC Europe.

Bergen configure tool: tried all different settings dealing with trees, grass, etc.

Checked Torp scenery: all fine.

Thank you,

Curtis Jarrett

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I do not have openLC please check what happens when disabling it.

Also, did you run the AEC tool after installing Bergen?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Currently going to install openLC in FSX and check it. Other question: where in your scenery library is openLC placed?

I'll need to check after work, what order do you recommend?

One other thing I did notice is that Bergen doesn't seem as bright and colorful as Torp (if that helps).

Thank you very much,

Curtis

I went to Bergen today and first of all there was no ILS on the 17, then there was a mountain within a mountain or something. There was definetely something wrong there.

I deinstalled Bergen, installed it again, ran the FTX Vector Configurator and the "Run Auto-Configuration" on "Airport Elevation Corrections", waited and clicked on "Apply".
Started AES and clicked on ENBR and then on "repair". Afterwards I started FSX and everything was fine and working.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, problem is that you have Orbx entries above other sceneries. This should not be the case! I strongly recommend you to read the Orbx guide available in their forum for proper installation and especially making use of the library insertion point.

Also make always sure that when installing a non Orbx product that FTX Central is set to GLOBAL!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Meanwhile I got openLC EU installed too, but do not see this issue:

post-12207-0-80499200-1432898436_thumb.j

Regarding the correct postioning of Orbx products Please read this document:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

which can also be accessed thorugh FTX Central 2

And the attched document. I alsi assume that your using the latest versions of all products and have install the latest Orbx libraries

How to configure openLC scenery library entries.pdf

Archived