Help Needed Installing Airport Lugano On Win 7 Or Win 8.1 64bit

Hello , I have just started running X-Plane 10 Global 64bit on my main PC which is capable of switching between a Win 7 64 bit and a Win 8.1 64 bit , this enables me to compare and try new scenery packs ,but I am having a very unusual problem with my Dvd V1.0 Lugano Installation disk , In Win 8.1 I open and run the setup and the X-Plane 10 logo comes on screen then it is a total lock up.

I switch over to Win 7 and start the setup and at first it looks ok , a window opens telling me to install to anywhere but then another install starts then another and so on until it is like a virus and I have no choice but to force it to stop.

I have looked around this site for some time trying to find a solution or see if anyone else has had a similar problem but have not found anyone and am new so not sure how to contact support in any other way .

Could someone please advise me on what the problem might be.

Thank you for your help

Thank you , I tried to find that page ..... you do not make it as easy as it should be... but I am so grateful... the newer installation worked great on Win 7 and I am certain it will on the Win 8.1 when I have chance to compare.

I am beginning to like this version X-Plane and will definitely be adding to the airport and scenery collection now I know I can get it working.

Thanks again

Archived