Aerosoft A320 timelapse of flight

Hi guys,

Below is a timelapse of a random flight of mine from Heathrow to Rotterdam. It is a nice throwback to pre-SP3 times, when this plane was actually fun to fly. Hope you enjoy :) It is my first timelapse so any tips/comments will be greatly appreciated.

If you dislike the post, at least tell me why you dislike this. As I said it is my first time posting these kinds of video's and I appreciate feedback. Just disliking doesn't tell me anything and I will just continue to post these video's.

Maybe mute the game sound while in timelapse. And then, when you are out of it and some checklist is playing, pause the music. Else it all gets mixed up and sounds very bad. Very smooth landing btw ;)

In addition to all the above, do you really think it is a good idea to come to Aeorosft forum, write this....

It is a nice throwback to pre-SP3 times, when this plane was actually fun to fly.

... and hope for a positive feedback?

SydoxX, DetCord and olli4740 thanks for your replies. I can work with that. If I have time I'll try and remove the game sound in the video and add some royalty free music in there instead of the current music and re-upload it. I will do this for sure with my next video :)

do you really think it is a good idea to come to Aeorosft forum, write this....

It is a nice throwback to pre-SP3 times, when this plane was actually fun to fly

... and hope for a positive feedback?

So you think the people on here only give negative feedback on my video just bcuz I have a little criticism on SP3 ? I don't think so.

If you let my little sentence of criticism influence your feedback on my video you must be a very desperate fanboy.

Furthermore I never said I hope for positive feedback, so I have no clue where you got that from. It is actually quite the opposite. It is my first timelapse so I like to read things I can do better, like I said in my first post. Have you even read that at all?

you must be a very desperate fanboy.

As you see from the green upvotes of my reply, there must be more 'fanboys' of the Aerosoft A320 here.

All in all, what to expect at the Aerosoft forum? :confused_s:

Last but not least, please tone down a bit.

Mate I upvoted his post and I'm not a fanboy. First of all I'm not a boy and secondly I work very hard to earn my money with which I pay for my entertainment.

The only things I've bought from the Aerosoft store is the Airbux X some years ago and now I upgraded it to the A320/321 pack.

Where I see something wrong, I will note it and I will push it towards the people responsible for resolving it.

I'm not hiding the fact I had my share of problems with SP3 and the hotfix, but I've managed to resolve them by following

the suggestions of the developers, mainly deleting all files and reinstalling them properly.

Yes, there are some mistakes here and there, but this definitely doesn't take the fun out of flying for me and the aircraft is definitely highly flyable.

Again, where I see wrong I will point it out, but where I see good I will also point it out. That comment was not just a line, but the main point of your post which you put above the video.

In any case, when you expose yourself openly by writing to other people, be prepared to accept their criticism as well. What does it mean that we hung from a line you wrote? If you don't want comments

on that then don't write it. The fact that you don't enjoy your aircraft for your own reasons doesn't mean we all have to share that opinion.

I appreciate that the pack is rated at half the price of other similar products which I don't want to name and the fact that the devs seem to be working hard to resolve problems.

Because I work in AI and handle control algorithms for various applications, I also understand that it is difficult to release a software product which works for everyone out of the box, even after beta testing. I also understand that it's difficult to pinpoint errors in the algorithms, especially when people don't follow the troubleshooting steps you point out.

I am happy I upgraded from the Airbus X and I have no regrets. Why can't you just accept the fact that I, for example, a happy customer? Do we need to whine all the time about everything in order to not be fanboys? I appreciate the time you put into making your video, but if you want to people to stick at the video itself, it's better to refrain from controversial comments.

• Deputy Sheriffs

SydoxX, DetCord and olli4740 thanks for your replies. I can work with that. If I have time I'll try and remove the game sound in the video and add some royalty free music in there instead of the current music and re-upload it. I will do this for sure with my next video :)

lol, when one posts a video you can expect feedback, get used to the fact that it might not always be positive instead of getting mad about that. Ignoring it works better and being sarcastic is something else then giving critisism, it's the tone of voice that makes it come across in a different way. Remember when writing people tend to absorb it in a different way ;)

As you see from the green upvotes of my reply, there must be more 'fanboys' of the Aerosoft A320 here.

All in all, what to expect at the Aerosoft forum? :confused_s:

I am not calling you or anyone else here a desperate fanboy. I only meant people who would write 'That is a bad video' just because I said the bus isn't fun to fly anymore. In other words people who would let their opinion of my video be influenced by my line. Nobody did that.

That comment was not just a line, but the main point of your post which you put above the video.

It wasn't meant like the main point. It is just my opinion. My opinion about a very current topic, that is why I put it in there. Plus I just see the video like a throwback after updating SP3. Didn't expect you all to make such a big deal out of this.

The fact that you don't enjoy your aircraft for your own reasons doesn't mean we all have to share that opinion.

I agree. I never said you have to share my opinion.

I am happy I upgraded from the Airbus X and I have no regrets. Why can't you just accept the fact that I, for example, a happy customer?

Why can I not accept that your are a happy costumer ? I never wrote anything that would say I don't accept your opinion.

but if you want to people to stick at the video itself, it's better to refrain from controversial comments.

Yes, I have learned that now and I will.

It's a shame we've to end the topic like this, there might have been some misunderstanding as well yes. This weren't my intentions at all. Too bad we make such a deal out of one line.

Don't worry, just open a new one and post it again without any controversial comments in which you just ask for opinions on your video. I can lock this one then if you like.

Don't worry, just open a new one and post it again without any controversial comments in which you just ask for opinions on your video. I can lock this one then if you like.

The first few comments were helpful enough to me. For me there is no need to open another topic but I appreciate the offer thanks.

Mate I'm not judging the quality of your video based on the comment, but I commented at the rest of your post. After all I just said that I like the airplane and I'm having fun with it. It's the fanboy story that got me irritated not your original post.

But you have to understand that if for example I wanted to upvote your video, I wouldn't do it because I disagree with the rest of your post. And I believe this was also Rafal's point that posting it like that won't do justice to your video. Posting your video is one thing, posting your opinion on the quality of the product is another. If you post them together, expect replies for both it's only reasonable. I don't get it, you practically say "look at my video (btw the aircraft sucks)", so it's only reasonable that people who disagree with that will say it.

You did also say very clearly that people who criticise based on your comment are desperate fanboys. There are people who have criticised your post based on your comment.This is not how you maintain focus on your video or how you show that you respect their opinion too. That is just a more polite way of saying "you are a fanboy" directly to someone. After all no one judged you for your opinion itself. I just said that I am happy with the airplane and another pointed out that this is not how you will get good feedback, with which I also agree.

Now on to your video, I didn't like the sound either. The quality looks good, what did you use to record it? Another thing to consider is adding external camera footage and mixing them, something which I like in FSX videos I see. But I guess you would need much more time to do that. However, it could look cool in a time-lapse, as I see your graphics are pretty good. So you could do a long 4-5 hr flight and record external cameras and do a fast time-lapse which would be pretty cool with the time and weather change. You could think about it a bit and plan it beforehand.

Having said that, I'm certainly no expert in videos and I can barely record and encode what's on my screen, so I can't help but feel jealous when I see cool time-lapses.

Now on to your video, I didn't like the sound either. The quality looks good, what did you use to record it? Another thing to consider is adding external camera footage and mixing them, something which I like in FSX videos I see. But I guess you would need much more time to do that and I don't know how meaningful this would be in a time-lapse. You could think about it a bit and plan it beforehand. Having said that, I'm certainly no expert in videos and i can barely record and encode what's on my screen.

Thanks mate. :) I use a very old version of Fraps to record my video's, but like you said it is still very good. Do you have an example of a video where external camera footage is mixed ?

Furhtermore I understand the rest of your post.

Thanks mate. :) I use a very old version of Fraps to record my video's, but like you said it is still very good. Do you have an example of a video where external camera footage is mixed ?

Furhtermore I understand the rest of your post.

Here for example, see the camera he's using. It's still a cockpit camera, but doesn't focus on the cockpit. I'm not saying it's the ideal thing, after all you have to do what you like first. But see how the fact that you're able to observe the changes in the scenery and weather more clearly make it a bit interesting, although it's just one camera. The thing with the cockpit is that there's not much going on there, while outside in a time lapse a lot goes on. You could for example generate a large storm somewhere, rain etc and fly through it and stull like that. I wish I had the time and patience to learn how to mix videos. I can't remember out of my head videos with mixed cameras. I'll dig a bit and tell you if I find something. I guess it would be very time-consuming and also space consuming in the hard drive to mix different cameras for a time-lapse.

There is also another tool people are using which is called FS Recorder. This records footage in vector graphics which you can reproduce through FSX as traffic (you have FSX reprocess the scene, kind of like a replay). I know people are using this, then they reproduce the vid in FSX and record the replay with Fraps. The process makes the video much clearer, but I guess you also need double time to record it practically. I haven't managed to set it up in my FSX, because it had some weird problem installing, but there may be other people who can help you with that.

Mate, go to YT, find a song you like, and then use CCV to download and convert it to a MP3. It will or typically does eliminate the YT software detecting the infringing material. Has something to do with the conversion process. As long as your channel isn't monetized, this is perfectly legal.

As for a video example of where external footage is mixed, here it one I did back awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoyOY9LSzPA

Archived