PLEASE annoying issue with the joystick.

captain911

I cant figure out......... why my Logitech 3D Joystick disconnect every time i fly with aerosoft airbus. For example.... lets say i minimize the fsx window and go to google chrome then back to fsx window.... no joystick connect but when i go to control panel says my joystick is working fine. PLEASE any help because this thing it is soo annoying.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had the same problem in Windows 8.0. Some sort of energy management bug in the Windows USB layer.

I fixed the problem by using FSUIPC. It access the joystick differently and therefore does not suffer from the Windows bug.

Im pretty sure it happens only with Aerosoft....

Tom A320 I heard about FSUIPC...... is it payware?? Because i downloaded one yesterday from a popular site. Its an older version though.

• Deputy Sheriffs

FSUIPC is shareware. You can use it for free with a certain set of features and also unlock all features with registration.

No sure, if the joystick handling comes only with the registered version...

You haven't answered the question on which OS you are.

Hi

with Windows 8 it is a general issue. It happens with whatever plane you fly being PMDG or Aerosoft. If you do a search on internet you will find tons of messages about it.

I tried to fix it with FSUIPC (registered version) but I found it very complicated so I quitted.

Best solution so far seems to go back to Windows 7

What will happen with Windows 10?

Here the link to download (always) the new version

Thank you, Roberto, but I think you misunderstood my question.

I know where to obtain FSUIPC installers and I always have the latest version.

I was asking captain911 where he (not you or me) got it from, as he complains it is 'an older version'.

He still didn't reply though.

OK Rafal. I apologise :hi2_s:

Let's put it this way: if someone here still didn't know where to find FSUIPC and related support ... we have a remind on that on my recent post.

Bye

roberto

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, sorry for the late response.............. my OS is win 8.1

the FSUIPC is 4.09 version.

PS. my usb drive is working fine, its not usb fault or anything. I Tested my joystick while it wasnt working with fsx and it was fine.

im sorry but I dont know if i want to spend 20 euro for FSUIPC..... i 'd rather spend it to another add-on. Is any FSUIPC for free to resolve my joystick problem?

• 2 weeks later...

im sorry but I dont know if i want to spend 20 euro for FSUIPC..... i 'd rather spend it to another add-on. Is any FSUIPC for free to resolve my joystick problem?

I’m also having the same issue.

Don’t understand how it’s being dismissed as a windows problem if it only happens with the airbus? When flying other airplanes it works as it should.

Just purchased the Airbus bundle and Mega airport Lisbon and I’m a little annoyed if the fix is having to buy FSUIPC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

hi guys yea im having same problem, as soon as i go cold and dark then repower up i lose the joystick, also if i go outside FSX say to fuel planner or flight planner i come back into FSX and again nothing works from the joystick, i have loaded the latest version of fsuipc but still not fixed. i have not upgraded to windows 10 as i heard FSX has problems with it but if somebody here is saying it fixes the issues i will try that

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just updating FSUIPC is not the solution. You also have to configure FSX not to use any joystick and FSUIPC to use it. Have you done that? 

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Just updating FSUIPC is not the solution. You also have to configure FSX not to use any joystick and FSUIPC to use it. Have you done that? 

is that in settings in fsx tom? do i unclick the enable controllers?

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Yes, as you are going to feed the controllers via FSUIPC into FSX.

sorry tom i dont have registered version of FSUIPC so dont know how to set it for controllers

Archived