F-16 Fighting Falcon Steam Edition missing liveries

• Aerosoft

The version of the F-16 sold by Dovetail comes with generic liveries. This was the only way this product could be offered on STEAM.

However, of course we will be offering a update pack (free of charge of course) for the buyers of the STEAM. This is currently being tested and will be available next week (after May 18).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I read the ReadMe in Steam FSX DLC for F-16. It has 23 folders in SimObjects for it ...I am Assuming many of these are NOT recognized by Steam version. You say the update will be available after May 18 sometime.

Question: Where will I be able to Find such downloadable Update when it does arrive?

(PS ..ONE DAY it would amazing if all ReadMes and Manual.pdfs include would be labeled per the Subject ..as I have to dig them out of games and rename them and put them in my info pack folder for games ..Like Manhattan X Read Me instead of Readme Manhattan X Manual.pdf. I think it should be Industry Standard to Specific name same and Auto create desktop icons for them.)

• 3 months later...

After instalation of the livery package i´m getting this with all the F16 variations:

How to deal with this? Thanks.

I've got the same: 'visual model could not be displayed' and this ater the installation of the extra liveries.

I'm very dissapointed with this addon.

Cees

• Aerosoft

We most certainly did not say anything about not being able to refund. That's a policy of STEAM, so aim your anger at them and ot at us (or read the sales condition before ordering, it is explained in there). If you buy the product with us we would most definitely refund when you would run into a problem like that we could not fix it.

I will have the issue with the additional liveries checked out. I just tried it here and could not confirm it.

Why are you screaming?

When you leave a post unanswered for almost a week, do you consider yourself customer- friendly? I don't!

posted by Cees Donker somewhere else:

Well, they said I've been 'flying' the addon too long to be eligible for a refund! Flying? I've been working to get this trash-addon to work!  (Ah! Great that you quote me from another source! As you can read from Mathijs' comment, that's a bit confusing.) 

What's not working besides other colors so you feel the need to call it 'Trash-add-on'   

An addon that that has no visible model?

The problem here is that customers  of the Steam/ Aerosoft F-16 have to adress two parties: one party delivers an incomplete addon (Steam), the other party (Aerosoft) delivers a solution that is no solution, because when I install the liveries I have no visible  plane anymore. So, to solve my 'problem' I should get a refund from Steam, or I should get a working solution for the liveries from Aerosoft.  

Cees

• Aerosoft

I suggest you de-install the F16 Steam version and then re-install it . That way you get exactly what you bought and it should work fine.
We are still trying to figure out what happens on some customers machine with the (free) livery pack we provide. So far we have not been able to get any issue.

I suggest you de-install the F16 Steam version and then re-install it . That way you get exactly what you bought and it should work fine.
We are still trying to figure out what happens on some customers machine with the (free) livery pack we provide. So far we have not been able to get any issue.

Hi, mr. Mathijs, as said above the error is only with the extra paint package. The planes as it is sold in Steam works ok. I suggest that you try to open ALL the paints of aerosoft package because the error is not with all of them.

@Cees

would you might be so nice and post me a screenshot where the files has been installed for you (the livery files) so i can recreate this in a better way.

I´ll give you a clue to where the problem is: The files installs where they need to be installed, inside the DLC F16/Aircraft folder. The error is other, with the external MDL files. I did a test: unistalled completely the f16 from my FSX-SE and reinstalled it again from zero. Opened FSX-SE and the plane worked ok. Them i made a backup of ALL the MDL files from the plane. Installed the Aerosoft extra piant package (No errors in the process) and opened FSX-SE and the error above started to show. Them, i did my test: copied the MDL i backuped earlier to their places and, bingo, the planes worked again with the new paints.

The complete workaround i did is described in SOH forum (FSX subforum)

Question: why the copmplete plane is inside the extra paint package? If you open the ZIP, you will find MDL files, Sound package, panel files, etc. In other words, the complete plane for all the variants. Why the package can´t just have the paints and a installer to do the changes in the aircraft.cfg? The screens below shows what i´m talking. They are taken from the free Aerosoft F16 extra paints package for FSXSE (ADDITIONAL_LIVERIES_F16.zip):

Please login to display this image.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my money back though PP. They intervened and ruled that I have a rightful complaint. I'll never buy another addon via Steam. Next time I think about buying a plane  from Aerosoft, I'll buy it direct from this site.

Cees

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same issue when installing my non-Steam Version into a virtual FSX folder (in order to move it over to P3D). The reason for many paints not being visinble is that the panel.cfg file does not exist in the main subtituted panel folder. You can even see it in the screen shot above - the same happened on my machine.

You have to rename either the panel.cfg.sp2 or panel.cfg.XPack to panel.cfg and the models will be visible. Without the panel.cfg FSX trets them as AI and hides them from the selection screen.

• 1 month later...

Ah ha, 

Thank you fellow Simmers!  I have had this exact problem from day 1 with the F-16.  Only a very few liveries worked, on the Clean model only (if my memory serves me).  I will go home and load up the F-16 after work.  Kind of excited now.

Simcerely, Woog! 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, can someone tell me how many liveries are supposed to be there? i have the Steam version *of FSX*, but the F-16 I purchased directly from Aerosoft. 

I only see 3 liveries under "Aerosoft  Gmbh" (also annoying by the way why they go indifferent sections instead of "Aerosoft" like the others. 

10 minutes ago, gsnde said:

See three posts above...

Thanks, I will check it out. The only post I found was this:

and I just asked there because someone from Aerosoft said they will "look into it" about *one tear* ago....

18 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

He meant three posts up in this topic, not in the forum...

Yes, I know what he meant... Also the initial comment was because he had first told me to search the forums, but must have edited it.

32 minutes ago, gsnde said:

See three posts above...

So I checked it out, but it does not seem to be the case. All the panel.cfg file within the Panel folder in each plane variation are named just that, "panel.cfg"... I only found *one* that hat the .sp2 or .xpack extension...

So I guess I'm back to quare one....

• 2 weeks later...

I renamed the panel.cfg.XPack to panel.cfg in the Aerosoft F-16A 9 folder and the other liveries immediately showed up in my list of aircraft for FSX:SE.  If you open the panel.cfg file for the other liveries using Notepad, you'll see it creates an alias to the panel.cfg file in the Aerosoft F-16A 9 folder. So you should only have to rename the panel.cfg in the one folder.

Hope this helps.

Ken K.

4 hours ago, kjkiss762 said:

I renamed the panel.cfg.XPack to panel.cfg in the Aerosoft F-16A 9 folder and the other liveries immediately showed up in my list of aircraft for FSX:SE.  If you open the panel.cfg file for the other liveries using Notepad, you'll see it creates an alias to the panel.cfg file in the Aerosoft F-16A 9 folder. So you should only have to rename the panel.cfg in the one folder.

Hope this helps.

Ken K.

Thanks so much, Ken. That was exactly it!

After renaming that one, all of them appeared. I hadn't even bothered since it was just one like that and all others were properly named, that I didn't think it would make a difference...

• 8 months later...
On 23.5.2015 at 6:23 PM, Marwal said:

will AEROSOFT F-16 MISSION PACK work in FSX Steam Edition ?

I am also wondering about this!
Will the additional 10 mission pack become available in steam?

Cheers,

Archived