PMDG 777 Brakes

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was experiencing this problem I've always had with the PMDG 777 after using it with AES. Every time I fly the 777 out of an AES airport, after pushback, the brakes simply don't do anything. There are no brake failures set, or any failures for that matter, after I release the parking brake after the pushback tug disconnects, the brakes just don't work. The red brakes message appears when I tap them (toe and parking brakes) but there is no effect in the sim. Autobrakes on landing do not function either. The NGX and other aircraft (except maybe the MJC Q400) work just fine in my sim with AES, so I'm scratching my head on this one.

Thanks.

Same problem but i use GSX. The brakes on the T7 have no function. This includes the parking brake. I don't recall having this problem before.

I have the 737 and all is ok.

I'm going to try some testing. I use GSX and FS2Crew and wonder if there is an issue somewhere in there. I'm also going to try reloading a new aircraft with panel states etc. See if that sorts the problem.

If i find a fix i'll let u know.

Darren

When you push back, what does your GS (Ground speed) measure in the PFD?

I'm wondering if you haven't setup the the repair for push back that your heating your brakes to much.

I've not had any problems with the 200 or 300 when using AES.

When you push back, what does your GS (Ground speed) measure in the PFD?

I'm wondering if you haven't setup the the repair for push back that your heating your brakes to much.

I've not had any problems with the 200 or 300 when using AES.

Repair for push is enabled and temperatures are well within normal, no increase at all during pushback.

Have flown 10 flights in the past week or so with the 777 and AES currently have only had a success with functional brakes after AES pushback on only 4 of them. Please help.

How do you have the brakes setup? through FSX, through FSUIPC, using rudder pedals?

are the pedals calibrated?

I know with FSUIPC you can have an aircrtaft specific profile, and has to be activated.

I've flown dozens of flight with AES and the T7 without incident.

If you pushback without AES using the 777 built in push what are the results on the brakes?

Have not ever had a brake problem without AES (and again, it's not a failure within PMDG's menu, the brakes show the red braking message when I apply them, but just don't do anything).

How do you have the brakes setup? through FSX, through FSUIPC, using rudder pedals?

are the pedals calibrated?

I know with FSUIPC you can have an aircrtaft specific profile, and has to be activated.

I've flown dozens of flight with AES and the T7 without incident.

Configured through FSX, do not have pedals.

Do you have hydraulics online ?

Yep, pressure normal and following ALL correct checklists.

How are you applying the brakes? The fact that you get the message shows they're engaging, just not sloping to full.

Period and CTRL+period.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same issue here.... at times (not always) after pushback brakes simply do not brake.

All systems are normal, FSX is receiving the brake signal as the braking message is displayed; it seems to be an internal PMDG thing.

Maintenance actions won't clear it.

I tried saving the flight and restarting at that point, still there.

The only solution is to exit FSX and restart as new flight.

Very annoying, It happens even in non AES airports, so I guess it is not related.

New feature.

When push is complete and after you set parking brake. Then open the AES menu again with the keyboard.

Then you select parking brake set and engines running.

This was made for AES to work with FSL Airbus.

Also it is very important to have hydraulic pressure for your brakes on a few models. If not they are not set proper.

Archived