Speed Problems at Cuise and Final

Hello,

I installed the 1.30e (SP3) and get the problem with the Autothrust at cruise and final, descent as well.

The aircrauft is switching up and down...

I was looking for other threads like this, but I couldnt find a final solution.

Please help me ;-)

Thx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

On my last flights I did not see any problems flying all variants (A31x, A32x, CFM, IAE). So it can be considered as solved. If it still appears, the problem might be elsewhere outside the Airbus.

Same here.

I always loved the service of aerosoft but honestly I was very surprised when Mathijs closed the topic about it. I made a video where you could see the problem to show the staff what is happening on our systems. There were more people who confirmed to see the same behavior of the aircraft, after that no staff has commented on the thread until Mathijs came and said that it can be a weather problem. Well, you could see clearly on the video I posted that I there was no wind at all.

Then Mathijs said the problem is resolved and decided to close the topic.

Still don't understand anything from it - me and many other flyers haven't seen this behavior ever before SP3, and that bug isn't solved at all. I simply can't fly my airbus because of that terrifying and ridiculous ATHR. I experience those speed issues during climb, descend and particularly on final when it's just impossible to land the aircraft without turning the autothrust off.

The issue is not solved, at least in my case, but I think I'm not the only one.

i am sure the stuff know this problem and working on it! It is definitely not the weather programm because of the same problem without any weather! everything works great like climb, level off and cruise! But descent gives me oscillation no matter where, which weather or weather off...

cheers

No it isn't the weather. I have the same weather program like the beginning of the Airbus. The problem came with SP3!!!

Thx

Yes so, huh!.....

Today on short final with gusting head winds of 18KT I simply COULD NOT LAND the A319. 3 times go-around and no luck! And I have simulated Airbus hundreds of hours since Airbus X... This was my first flight since the new update. I did not first even realize why the aircraft was behaving as it did...meaning the engine thrust going up and down. I later did some test approaches in the same conditions and the same happened over and over again.... So yes, I can concure; at least the CMF engines in a Airbus A319 v. 1.30 is not working properly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you haven't posted here yet. What was your problem? Why did you have to go around? Any hotfix installed? Do you have a video of this behaviour?

I am flying the A319 CFM as my main Testplane and I do not see such problems with this aircraft.

I'm having the same problem, A319 with SP3 1.30e. Oddly I didn't have this issue on my old computer, but I just got a new one two weeks ago and I can't get rid of the problem. Tried different weather settings but it doesn't seem to have much effect. The PFD says "decelerate" and it just won't stay happy.

Happy to post a video if anybody needs it, what should I be specifically recording?

• Deputy Sheriffs

A video of the "problem" with the PFD and the upper ECAM in view please. I want to check the FMA's, the speed and the delta N1 range.

Thanks

Guys, try the new xml. file supported by aerosoft. See my post #9!!!

The problem with the engines is gone away so far for me, tried out 10 minutes ago ;-)

Greetings

Hi Frank,

Is that file good for the A320/321 or is it specific to the A318/19? I have the A320/321, V1.30, Hot Fix E, with this issue.

Kind regards,

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

The file should be the same for both versions, A318/319 and A320/321.

Just be sure to make a backup of the current file.

I'm very busy these weeks, so didn't have the chance to make any videos you asked about the problems.

I'll try the new athr.xml file and report if it has become any better!

Thank you!

Frank, just flew Sydney to Melbourne and that ATHR file is so much better! It still surged through 4000ft on G/S to landing but nothing like the past,

This was on a A320 CFM sharklet.

I don't know if once on the LOC/GS the surging was caused by technique or product however it was so much closer.

I may get the chance to do another comparison flight over the next day or so.

Thanks!

Mark

Tried the new file. Well the oscillation has become better, but it isn't fixed at all. My engines do not go any more from idle to toga like crazy, but still go from around idle to around toga while it doesn't make any logical sense of what they're doing...

It's just impossible to fly him now with the A/thr on.. Frank I bet you understand that it's difficult to land the bus when engines are going from idle to 85% n1 on 50 feet

Thanks The Dude for the ATHR file. Situation is a little better but not fixed (N1 35% upto 70%). It is appreciated that there is a willingness to help here.

However, this aircraft is no longer enjoyable to fly at all, and kind of regret having spent money on it.

Has the focus now shifted towards the A330, leaving the A318/319 unfinished?.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Has the focus now shifted towards the A330, leaving the A318/319 unfinished?.

No, there will be an V1.31

As I said I'm very very busy these weeks, but did my best to record a video - I hope it helps you to understand our problems guys.

Had programmed this time the mcdu from EDAH to EDAH.

Please note: 1) A/THR isn't listening to my manual speed selection after take off. Just after retracting the flaps my engines always spool down and the aircraft has very big problems with accelarating to managed/manual selected speed.

2) Also when decelerating to the green dot speed the engines are going crazy

3) When making the 180* turn the A/THR is actually doing a good job in holding the speed and keeps doing so until around +/- 1200 feet

4) From around 1100 feet engines start their progressive crazy oscillation up and down

5) On final: What i meant in my previous posts, you see that even however the airplane doesn't change his attitude, because of the crazy A/THR the Vertical Speed is going up and down what makes landing the bus with A/THR on nearly impossible

Thank you for your time. I understand that you have a lot of other work, but I hope you also find time to help us with this bug. I love the a319 so much, but as captainluconi said: "this aircraft is no longer enjoyable to fly at all, and kind of regret having spent money on it."

Thanks again in advance!

PS: Have the new Athr.xml file from frank installed

PPS: It's unusual for me to deploy the gear and flaps so early and in a turn, but I'm getting this behavior also when flying more 'smoothly'

Archived