Aerosoft A320/321 Compatibility with Saitek And Homemade Cockpit

Hi,

I really want to buy the aerosoft a320/321 but I have 2 questions :

- first of all, i have the saitek yoke and quadrant, switch panel, pedals, multi panel and radio panel. Is the aerosoft a320/321compatible with all these saitek stuff ?

- I have also made a home cockpit with 3 screens (2 for outside and 1 for my instruments). Normally i would drag my 2d cockpit to my instrument screen. But as there is no 2d cockpit on this add-on I cannot do that. Has anybody got a solution please!!!?

Thank you very much

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I cannot answer to your first question regarding the Saitek equipment but the Aerosoft Airbus has of course a 2D-cockpit view which can be accessed using F9. .....More details on the 2D views you will find in the documentation especially in the Vol6 StepbyStep guide chapter 2 as well as in 4.6.2 ...

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Without any personal experience, but I read already several times, that people got the saitek panels up and running with Linda. I have the x55 stick and throttle and got all buttons and axes configure without any trouble, using fsuipc (for the axes) and Linda for all the buttons.

• Aerosoft

Without any personal experience, but I read already several times, that people got the saitek panels up and running with Linda. I have the x55 stick and throttle and got all buttons and axes configurare without any true using fsuipc (for the axes) and Linda for all the buttons.

Indeed, but it's complex stuff. Not for the faint of heart.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think without Linda it would be complex, but Linda really makes it easy. FSUIPC on the other side is a totally different story. It took me quite some time to figure how to use it properly. Intuitive UI design is something else. But in the end, once you learned all your lessons, it really works fine.

Hi,

I really want to buy the aerosoft a320/321 but I have 2 questions :

- first of all, i have the saitek yoke and quadrant, switch panel, pedals, multi panel and radio panel. Is the aerosoft a320/321compatible with all these saitek stuff ?

- I have also made a home cockpit with 3 screens (2 for outside and 1 for my instruments). Normally i would drag my 2d cockpit to my instrument screen. But as there is no 2d cockpit on this add-on I cannot do that. Has anybody got a solution please!!!?

Thank you very much

Well I can't really say for sure. I own some Saitek products and they generally work with the Airbus. I have the X55 Rhino, which works great, even without Linda if you set the hotkeys in the horrible Saitek app. The way I see it and by what the guys above me say, there are many functions which are implemented outside of the scope of FSX. All these cockpit products are able to interface with the FSX api and systems, but those functions that are implemented explicitly on the airbus (which you can access by using your mouse on the cockpit) I suppose you can't link them to external controllers. Generally anything that can be hotkeyed in FSX you can access (like lights, the radio stack, SOME autopilot functions like the HDG bug but not all.). The best way to go for it would be to have a touchscreen somewhere with the 2d panel on, so you can do stuff from there.

I wish someone made an interface for the airplane to connect custom panels, switches etc, but I understand the fact that this can't be done in the current scope of the project and at the current pricing. Later maybe you could work on releasing an API for the plane so we can build our custom electronics and interface them, but I know this needs a lot of work to be done. Planes that do support interfacing with systems are usually very expensive and I'm quite happy flying with my rhino and my touch panel, without having to pay an arm and a leg for the aircraft.

I saw Linda supports Saitek's pro flight panel so you may want to bet on that. But the best thing to do I think is to search in other fsx forums for someone with a similar setup to yours.

I'm using A318/319 with Saitek Quadrant Throttle, Rudder Pedals and everything works fine. Only BIP Panel is not perfect.

I use VR Insight Boeing MCP Combo II and it works with Linda 2.5.

Hope it helps

@bougnat88

Can you explain how did you get the Saitek Throttle Quadrant working with the Airbus?

I have tried a lot of possibilities which were provided on the internet but with me without any luck.

The Saitek pedals were not a problem at all.

I hope you can give me your configuration

(BTW, I have the registered latest version of FSUIPC and Prepar3D v 2.4 - I do not know if this make any sense)

@bougnat88

Can you explain how did you get the Saitek Throttle Quadrant working with the Airbus?

I have tried a lot of possibilities which were provided on the internet but with me without any luck.

The Saitek pedals were not a problem at all.

I hope you can give me your configuration

(BTW, I have the registered latest version of FSUIPC and Prepar3D v 2.4 - I do not know if this make any sense)

If you want to set it through Linda, I don't know if you want to set it through Prepar3d, then

Saitek had also released new installers at a point for pro flight products for P3D compatibility.

This post may also help if you have an axis scaling error http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/saitek-pro-flight-throttle-quadrant-prepar3d-ver-2-4-scale-error/

@ezavvos

The configuration of the buttons on the Throttle Quadrant (by Linda) were not a problem either.

It is the thrustlevers which do not work, flaps configuration with the most right handle works fine also

LionAir,

I use FSX and FSUIPC.

I had nothing to set for the Quadrant Throttle with A318/319. It works as for the other aircrafts (PMDG 737, 777, MD11 and MJS Dash)

@bougnat88

thanx, then it must be Prepar3D which is the problem...

Maybe you can get some help in Prepar3D v2.4 official forums. When I googled a bit there were some similar subjects, but I can't tell how relevant they are to your case. In p3d v2.5 a lot of stuff has been fixed also from 2.4, so they may be able to give you some advice or hotfixes.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i've buy recently the pack airbus A318/319-320/321, and i've a question for assign a key for a different function.

It's possible to assign the key (ex: CTRL+ T) for start APU, and another many assign on the same exemple?

i have a Logitech G13, with 23 keys, and i want to assign the different keys at the function of plane, (APU, Seat Belt toogle, No smoking toogle, etc...)

I've try with FSUIPC, on create a macro, but it's impossible.

If you have a solution for me.

thanks you for the answer

Nicolas

Archived