Scenario editor: general events

Hi,

I'm working on my first scenario. I'd like now to use general instructions, but the only one I know is MESSAGE.

What are the other types ? For example how to set weather or wind ?

In the editor the instruction comment says "for instructions see documentation". Which documentation ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kurodo

:o)

I already found some that work:

general VISIBILITY; distance

general WIND; direction;speed;gust

Very useful, as weather conditions can then change along the scenario !

There is only one other: HIGHLIGHT

If you checkout some scenarios it might be used somewhere. In general you use it like this:
HIGHLIGHT;AIRCRAFT;<callsign>;<radius>;<timeout>
HIGHLIGHT;WAYPOINT;<ident>;<radius>;<timeout>
HIGHLIGHT;LOCATION;<lat>;<long>;<radius>;<timeout>

Thanks for this valuable info, but what means HIGHLIGHT ?

And I tried to change runways in use, but did not found how to do. I suppose it is a way .... ?

Highlight creates a circle around something you want to attract attention.

About runways in use this is controllers decision not scenario creator. You can though force aircraft to spawn on runway of your choice.

Robert, you told me "if you check out some scenarios ...".

Where can I found those scenarios ? I took a look in the download zone of the forum for GATC, and I only found very basic scenarios that don't use many instructions ...

thanks for your answer, but I did not find any new interessant instructions in the tutorial scenarios instead of "aircraft" and "message" type ones ...

The editor surely lacks a valuable documentation for us to build captivating adventures through scenarios ...

Hmmm when you add a general instruction line in the editor it indicates "TYPE;INSTRUCTION (for instructions see the documentation. You can set wind, weather, RUNWAYS ...

That's why I really thought it was possible to change runways in use, close some ..... during the scenario

Any clue ?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry but no.

General instructions cover only:
WIND

VISIBILITY

HIGHLIGHT

The qoute you posted was done when we were in alpha stage when certain features are not sure to be included.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning guys, I am trying to insert new STAR's to existing airports, but although the aicrafts follow the instruction to join the STAR, they end up starting a hold pattern at certain point before completion of the procedure. Is there any Document on how to create procedures or detailed explanation on the codes used to build it?

Tks

Ricardo Poli

• 4 months later...
On 6/27/2015, 9:35:48, Ricardo Poli said:

Good morning guys, I am trying to insert new STAR's to existing airports, but although the aicrafts follow the instruction to join the STAR, they end up starting a hold pattern at certain point before completion of the procedure. Is there any Document on how to create procedures or detailed explanation on the codes used to build it?

Tks

Ricardo Poli

I'm sure you went to edit the airport .txt in the PROC folder? Then do double check whether your STAR is correct. I would recommend you to get the latest AIRAC so you won't need to waste your time inserting new STARs :)

Archived