[FSX] Split X v1.10 Freeze on approach

Er!k

Hello,

First of all many thanks for Split, it is a really nice looking airport. Besides the issues already mentioned:

- Debug message visible for ATC

- Conflict with FSDT GSX

... I noticed a freeze when approaching runway 5 for almost 3 seconds. I guess it has to do with the loading of APController? Is there something to avoid this behaviour?

Hi Erik
What simulator and version do you use please?
This issues has been already reported and we're working on it:
Anyway, could you please send follwoing files to 'support at xht-labs dot com':
scenery.sfg
fsx.cfg
simobjects.cfg (in case you use P3D V2.5)
dll.xml
exe.xml
Thanks,
Premek

Hi Erik

Thanks for your mails - it helped a lot.
What you see just indicates you're crossing northern border of the 'airport active area' and first now, the airport gets loaded.
So it's not a bug, just setting. Unfortunately sim loads it such a way it is "freezing" (bigger chance to experience it on non-high-end computers).
The 'airport active area' is that THING which helps to keep the VAS usage low when you fly out of the airport.
I'll discuss with scenery developer to set this area larger as that should help.
Cheers,
Premek

What you see just indicates you're crossing northern border of the 'airport active area' and first now, the airport gets loaded.

So it's not a bug, just setting. Unfortunately sim loads it such a way it is "freezing" (bigger chance to experience it on non-high-end computers).

Not sure how your software works but how about more progressive loading?

Instead of loading the whole chunk together, tier it into different "LOD" points vs distance. I also would think this freezing issue is way more likely to appear with FSX files on HDD then on SSD.

Instead of loading the whole chunk together, tier it into different "LOD" points vs distance.

It works that way.

I also would think this freezing issue is way more likely to appear with FSX files on HDD then on SSD.

I would say that too, but didn't tested.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would say that too, but didn't tested.

I can confirm this: my FSX PC runs completely on SSDs and I had no freeze so far. While I experienced a very short freeze on my other PC running FSX:SE (with only very few addons) and an average HDD.

I have a very high end PC;

i7 4790k @ 4,44 Ghz

16 GB RAM

Geforce GTX 780TI

Crucial MX SSD 500 GB

Anyway, looking forward to the patch!

Hi Premek, I just installed v1.20 and did a flight from LIBD to LDSP. This time approach to runway 05. Unfortunately the freeze is still there (appr. 7 miles out). I have attached a screenshot.

post-25049-0-20958700-1431586578_thumb.p

Another small issue: I uninstalled v1.10 and installed v1.20 and noticed that my reference to AI aircraft and Split X objects was gone in the [Main] section of the fsx.cfg. I needed to add them manually.

Hi Premek, I just installed v1.20 and did a flight from LIBD to LDSP. This time approach to runway 05. Unfortunately the freeze is still there (appr. 7 miles out). I have attached a screenshot.

Sorry to hear that Erik - I'll check.

Another small issue: I uninstalled v1.10 and installed v1.20 and noticed that my reference to AI aircraft and Split X objects was gone in the [Main] section of the fsx.cfg. I needed to add them manually.

That's weird...

Even though I didn't create the installer I believe guys from Aerosoft didn'ty do this different way then other stuff...

May I ask you to send me the backup fsx.cfg (should be somethink like fsx_before_Split.cfg) to xht support mail please?

Thanks,

Premek

No problem! I am confident it will be solved. I have cleaned up all my back-up files, so I have to reinstall to test the second issue.

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL is deleted from [Main] section and replaced with SimObjectPaths.6=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects.

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL is deleted from [Main] section and replaced with SimObjectPaths.6=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects.

Hi Davorin

It is the installer's issue and was reported already here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95270-split-x-v120/?p=679275

I'll talk to Aerosoft about that tomorrow.

Do you have any other issues then that after installing 1.20?

Cheers,

Premek

Hi Davorin

It is the installer's issue and was reported already here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95270-split-x-v120/?p=679275

I'll talk to Aerosoft about that tomorrow.

Do you have any other issues then that after installing 1.20?

Cheers,

Premek

Hi Premek,

Still experience 3-4 seconds freeze about 7nm before OKLAX, usually tested on the route LDZA-LDSP ( NIVES-Y137-PALEZ-L862-OKLAX ).

Tested with MJC Dash8 and also with AX319/320.

Previous experience with freeze was on approach when Split X was loaded, now Split X is loaded and visible more before so now freeze appears earlier and for now I don't have issues with lights which are now visible more before then when I have installed 1.10 version.

Conclusion in my case and I'm confirming that freezing is occurred when is Split loaded and become visible, no mater day or night, with or without lights.

My system configuration;

i7 4790k @ 4,6 Ghz

16 GB RAM

ATI R9 280X

Hyper X SSD 240 GB x1 for OS Win7Pro 64

SATA3 1000Gb HDD x2 in RAID0 for FlightSim (orderly defragmented)

Regards,

Davorin

Thanks for the report Davorin.

The issue was fixed from APC point of view, but there needs to be also make model change what I'm not able to do.

With that long weekend in Germany we have to wait till Monday.

Thanks for the report Davorin.

The issue was fixed from APC point of view, but there needs to be also make model change what I'm not able to do.

With that long weekend in Germany we have to wait till Monday.

Hi Premek,

Is there any news regarding this issue?

Tnx.

Regrads,

Davorin

Hi Konstantinos and Premek,

Thank You for the feedback, looking forward for the update.

Maybe one tip, can be vehicles in the parking lot be changed to other brands, It's unrealistic with too many Renault Kangoo's :) and they are all gray :)

Kind Regards,

Davorin

I'm looking forward to purchasing this scenery once the new installer is released.

Will buy after customer reviews of new installer are available.

I'm looking forward to purchasing this scenery once the new installer is released.

Will buy after customer reviews of new installer are available.

I agree. A good looking scenery but not if there are still a couple of issues to be resolved.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Archived