Navigraph Data Problem

tonyc

I have a problem with my FMC getting access to my Navigraph data.

I have used my configurator to change to Navigraph data. I checked in my NavData config settings file which is situated in C\My Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus folder and this shows that Navigraph has been selected (I think?). As below

[NavData]
useNavDataPro=0
pathNavDataPro=Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\
pathNavigraph=Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\Navigraph\
NavdataNewSpec=1

//Remark:
//All paths are relative from FSX main folder!
//useNavDataPro=1 loads NavDataPro database
//useNavDataPro=0 loads Navigraph database

I have read all the other posts on this and checked to ensure that the latest cycle 0515 is in my E\FSX\Aerosoft\AirbusX Extended\Navigraph folder.

However when I load my A320 and go to the INIT page of the FMC I get "ACTIVE NAV DATABASE (then in green underneath) 0" , underneath this reads "SECOND NAV DATABASE (then in blue under this) 18SEP 15 OCT /14 (then in green) 1410".

I have tried for the last day or so to find the problem but could do with some advice please. My latest version of the A320 is 1.21.

Many thanks for any help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Take a look on the path that is configured in the config file you posted. You have to place Navigraph somewhere else :-)

E\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\Navigraph\

Thanks very much Tom you were spot on there!

Basically you have to use the manual option to load from the Navigraph Manager and choose that route.

Just a thought but is this route made clear anywhere in the manuals as I certainly missed it if it is?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem here lies in the history. The previous AS Airbus product (the Extended) had it's nav database folders somewhere else.

For the new product line, the A318/A319, the A320/A321 and the currently in development A330 AS changed the folder structure to have just one nav database for all three products.

Absolutely right Tom and I understand that completely but what Aerosoft are not good at, along with so many other developer\publishers over the years, is updating their manuals fully when bringing out complete updates like these.

There is no question that this kind of detail should be covered in a manual addendum.

I should add that I have been a fierce supporter of this product on other forums against others who prefer waiting for the "other" Airbus to appear - one day - maybe. So please accept my criticism as constructive.

Thanks again

Tony

• 4 months later...

The problem here lies in the history. The previous AS Airbus product (the Extended) had it's nav database folders somewhere else.

For the new product line, the A318/A319, the A320/A321 and the currently in development A330 AS changed the folder structure to have just one nav database for all three products.

Hi Tom, I am a bit confused. One you say change the folder structure to have just ONE nav database for all three, which structure you mean; the one in FSX folder or the Aerosoft/airbus folder?

Thanks

Faisal.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If yon only have the new Airbus, you have to do nothing.

Tom didn't say that you have to change the folder. Maybe you misread it, as english as not your native language.

If yon only have the new Airbus, you have to do nothing.

Tom didn't say that you have to change the folder. Maybe you misread it, as english as not your native language.

I used to have the Extended version and later I installed the new Airbus. I still see some Extended folder in FSX folder!!

Do you recommend I completely remove the Airbus and do a fresh install of the new Airbus?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, uninstall the Airbus, remove any remaing Airbus folders in your FSX directoty and also under c:\users\YOUR_NAME\Documents.

Make a fresh install by running the installer as Administrator (rightclick on the setup file and choose "Run as Administrator")

Archived