ACFT STATE, ACFT DOORS, GND SERVICES grey

bergfrieden

Dears, after reinstall PC with Windows 8.1, new install P3Dv2.5 with your recent Airbus-Software I have still 3 grey menues at MCDU2 and could not set the plane to "Cold-and-Dark".

Who could help? Is this a Windows 8.1-problem?

Thanks Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Peter,

try to reinstall SIMCONNECT....... if you need more information please use the forum's search function.....

Regards,

Rolf

Dear Rolf

Unfortunately no success. I have 2 SimConnects installed:

- Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client v1.0.20.0

- Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.62613.0

Regards

Peter

I have exactly the same issue.

I am a first starter with the Airbus (received the software yesterday).

So, I started with the Step by Step guide and became rather frustrated not to be able to continue.

Is this an issue of P3Dv2.5?

Regards Wil

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have exactly the same issue.

I am a first starter with the Airbus (received the software yesterday).

So, I started with the Step by Step guide and became rather frustrated not to be able to continue.

Is this an issue of P3Dv2.5?

Regards Wil

And did you install the simconnect files?

I just had this happen to me. I was switching between the A320 CFM and IAE versions, using the menubar "Aircraft..." item. I have never had this problem if I do not switch aircraft after loading. But it does not do it every time, so the exact sequence and timing may have something to do with it. Ending the flight and starting another did not clear the problem. Completely exiting FSX and starting over fixed it.

Today I reinstalled revision 06-01-06, the one on my CD. However, the same issues appeared.

So installed the update, revision 06-01-07, again.

I hope that answers will come soon!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dears, after reinstall PC with Windows 8.1, new install P3Dv2.5 with your recent Airbus-Software I have still 3 grey menues at MCDU2 and could not set the plane to "Cold-and-Dark".

Who could help? Is this a Windows 8.1-problem?

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

now we have to go more into details. Which menu points are grey? Can you please send us a screenshot of your MCDU 2 main menu? Thanks.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I tried everything weird to reproduce your problem but failed....... It clearly seems to be a "loading problem" e.g. something is not loaded the way it should be. The reasons I do not know. It could be a missing or corrupt file......

• Please the following link if SimConnect has been really properly installed: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/simconnect-doesnt-install-how-to-check-if-everything-else-is-okay/ It should be 6 files in total.
  • To get an impression what kind of state has been loaded I need a creenshot of your cockpit view e. g. the standard one with which the Aerosoft Airbus normally starts.
  • You are writing that you installed version 06-01-06 resp. 06-01-07 from the CD. I do not know those numbers because I only work with download versions. Please have a look into your folder P3D v2\Aerosoft\Airbus A318_319\Product.cfg and tell me what it states....

Regards,

Rolf.

Hi Rolf,

Thanks a lot for responsing so quick every time.

Exactly following the link you mentioned

Please the following link if SimConnect has been really properly installed: http://www.prepar3d....g-else-is-okay/

the problem is solved.

So, it means that it is in fact a problem of Prepar3D (I was already a little bit suspicious) for not installing these items!

Now I can continue my learning curve and for Peter I hope it is for him the same solution.

Thanks again,

Wil

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this helps understand what the problem is, but I have encountered the problem before with Airbus X in free flight, in FSX. The problem is either somewhere in the aircraft's modules and not Prepar3D or FSX, or It may also be related to how those two cache .ini files and module files, or it may be within SimConnect, or the operating system itself.

I have also encountered it with the new airbus A320/321 in the following scenario.

I fly a flight with FSPassengers X 2015, land and end the flight. Then if you load the exact same aircraft at its last position (from FSpassengers), the aircraft is in that grayed out state as the OP and Wil described.

This happens if before ending the flight from FSpassengers, I have NOT reset the aircraft to cold and dark and leave it at the parking state with systems on. I solve it by restarting the PC, loading a free flight with the exact same aircraft (livery, registration), so it resets to cold and dark which I have as default, then load the aircraft at its last position from FSPassengers. If I do that, it seems to be setting its default state properly.

It seems to me the aircraft in the above scenario gets stuck in-between or before applying the default state when you load it, because it doesn't load all its modules propely and thus can't reset its state or operate properly.

I had the same issue with Airbus X at one point, but that time in free flight, so I couldn't reset it some other way. I think I had solved it by uninstalling the airplane (and deleting all its folders in SimObjects, Documents and fsh home path) and removing the allow entries in the fsx file for the airplane's modules, then reinstalling it.

The way I see it, there is some kind of mess up caused by some .ini file which fsx has already cached, but is unable to use it for some reason, or some log file that the aircraft uses to determine its state and gets corrupted if you leave it systems on. That said, for those encountering the problem, uninstall it like I said above, or apply the solution Rolf proposed and your problem should be solved by one of two aproaches. If the problem is somewhere within the aircraft's state processing, or module caching by the application, it may be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I do believe that if you make sure to set cold and dark (or any pre-programmed state) from the right MCDU before you end the flight (free flight or fspassengers, and it should apply to Prepar3d also), then it will always load properly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the information but I am not able to help you in connection with FS Passengers..... (this is a different program and I am also not familiar with it). So if the problem exists without running FS Passengers then I will try to help you. But you should consider the following and this ia also stated in the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 3.5

• In FSX never load the Airbus from the Free Flight Menu - first load one of the FSX standard planes and after FSX has been loaded change the aircraft within FSX. This is not valid for P3D users.....
  • In FSX also never load a saved flight from the Free Flight Menu....... first load one of the FSX standard planes and after FSX has been loaded load your saved Airbus flight within FSX. This is not valid for P3D users.....

If those scenarios work (not using FS Passengers) then you should contact FS Passengers.....If you have problems even without using FS Passengers then please describe the scenario in detaill so that I am able to reproduce it..

Addionally this is a different topic and has no connection to the one above (which could be solved). So next time please open a new thread. Therefore I will colse this one........

Regards,

Rolf

Archived