Split X - Feedback and Buglist (P3Dv2)

First to say PAD-Labs did a great job on Split X. The modelling and the attention to detail is really high quality! I'm a huge fan of Croatia so I was looking forward to this scenery and I would be really happy to see more of that area (e.g. Zagreb, Zadar, Pula, maybe the Kornati National Park ...). The VAS usage of the scenery seems to be very high, compared to other scenery I got installed. There's a huge frame drop approaching the airport.

I did a FPS check with the Aerosoft - Twin Otter Extended:
Aerosoft - Split X ~ 10-30 FPS
FTX - Sedona ~ 20-40 FPS

Unfortunately I've discovered some more issues in P3Dv2 ...

Some trees are flickering really bad: (klick the image to see the animated gif)

post-33723-0-14839400-1430479930_thumb.g

The aircraft shadows are not displayed on the runway/taxiway/apron groundpoly, only the runway/taxiway/apron markings display the airplane shadow:

post-33723-0-42590300-1430480249_thumb.j

The ramp for amphibious aircraft isn't working properly. It's possible to create a working ramp in FSX and P3D as seen in "FTX/ORBX - CBB7 Tipella" (freeware scenery): (klick the image to see the animated gif)

The night lighting doesn't illuminate the simobjects and I'm missing those flare effects seen on the preview shots in the shop:

At the ECA Terminal some building textures are missing. If you're close to the walls or inside the building the windows are not displayed correctly. This happens on both sides of the building facing the coast or airport side:

All in all it's a great scenery and I would be very happy if those issues I've discovered could be fixed.

I just a test flight to Split in a MS 172 across country fps 75-100 upon retching the airport one 3 sec pause and fps down to 25-30. O btw it uses 1gb of VAS. Loaded EGNX from UK2000 a much bigger airport VAS was 1054 at split 2400

Aerosoft don't do refunds but we in the UK have a law under "No fit for use" = a refund on anything. I wont lose sleep over the money more deeply disappointed in the airport.

I have same problems and cannot understand why developers of aerosoft cannot design a frame friendly

airport, having almost all ORBX airports and don't have any issues with FPS.

and cannot say that orbx airports are missing high quality details to reach a good framerate.

because many people use heavy aircraft like pmdg or airbus, and we all know for long

time that 4GB is the limit. developers has to give more options in settings to play with vas amount used.

also there are last month so many issues with new software, that I cannot believe that nobody

notice this already in testing state.

I am looking forward to new releases of brussel, frankfurt and Prague, but wonder if I can ever

reach this airports with pmdg or airbus with OOM.

I recompiled all of the autogen vegitation models using different frame buffers in order to fix the flickering / z-fighting. Seems that many developers are not aware that LM has changed the way that texture blending occurs...

So any news on a patch. what are you hoping to fix/working on. At the moment its INOP so would like to hear how its going?

Have you tried deselecting HDR?

Jonas

There's no difference between HDR enabled or disabled (animated gif)

HDR mostly adds gloss and shine to objects, as seen on the airport groundpoly (-5 fps if HDR on which is not surprising)

So any news on a patch. what are you hoping to fix/working on. At the moment its INOP so would like to hear how its going?

Working on it. Will keep you informed.

I'm happy to send along the updated veg models if the developers request. May save them a little time since it sounds like there are other issues at hand too...

Archived