Engine Flameout logic error / Generator light logic error

Capt. Crash

Hey Everyone,

Could you please validate an issue I saw?

Setup: Normal condition with engines running, air or on ground does not matter.

Experiment: Turn off both generators, and turn off the DC selector switch and DC master.

Both of my engines flameout when I do this.

Also

The generators are the starter motors as well. When the starter swtich is selected, that engine's generator caution light should extinguish since the current detector detects a current flow along that wire.

when we start the engines we look for 4 things

Gen Light out

GG rotation

engine oil pressure

GG above 12 and stable.

LMK what you all find

Thanks!

Experiment: Turn off both generators, and turn off the DC selector switch and DC master.

Both of my engines flameout when I do this.

Yes, my engines stop under these conditions too. I assumed this is because you remove all power so the fuel pumps stop. I guess from your other post this is the same issue as that - i.e. there are engine-driven fuel pumps that should keep the engines going. My generator caution light goes out when I activate the start switch, then comes back on once the engine's started.

Yes, my engines stop under these conditions too. I assumed this is because you remove all power so the fuel pumps stop. I guess from your other post this is the same issue as that - i.e. there are engine-driven fuel pumps that should keep the engines going. My generator caution light goes out when I activate the start switch, then comes back on once the engine's started.

Thanks Mark!

Archived