Speed not being controlled correctly on Approach

Last two flights I've been having problems with approach speeds, ATHR doesn't seem to reduce speed to attain Vapp, either in managed or selected mode, I've tried both manually activating approach phase and automatically at the Decel point but end up crossing the threshold at 200kts or greater, because the speed isn't reducing, the flaps aren't being set correctly when checklist for capt and co pilot are selected on, this occurred in the A320-IAE with hot fix 1.30c applied,not sure if this is related to the earlier stuck ATHR post .Also this may be unrelated to the speed problem but on both flights, at Transition Alt, when co pilot tells capt to set baro pressure the baro numbers just keep spinning round and I have to switch from mmHg to hPa and press B several times to get it to stop.

The same here.

ATHR isn't able to accelerate/decelerate to a managed/selected speed properly. First the engines do go to idle (decel) or spool up to climb (accel), but then far from reaching the set speed (I'm talking about +/- 20 knots) they suddenly go to 50% N1 and the aircraft keeps flying with approximately the same speed. After that the engines do spool up/down a little bit but it takes seriously more than a minute for the ATHR to reach the selected speed (however it SP2 it in the same case it happened in 5-10 seconds)

Have the 1.30c installed (fsx , cfm)

Hi.

I tested with A319 CFM because of so many complains about ATHR oscilation and speed not controlled on app.

I perform full autoland and I didn't have any problems with ATHR or speed control.

This is with HF 1.3c with ASN and FSX.

Only problem I had is with GO AROUND (described in other thread).

BRGDS

Has

Hi.

I tested with A319 CFM because of so many complains about ATHR oscilation and speed not controlled on app.

I perform full autoland and I didn't have any problems with ATHR or speed control.

This is with HF 1.3c with ASN and FSX.

Only problem I had is with GO AROUND (described in other thread).

BRGDS

Has

For me they all fly perfect apart from the go around and a silly random thrust idle bug in the full configuration on some occasions.

What's up guys..!!! For those who experience the AUTOTHROTTLE problem when on approach, i found the solution (temporary but working fine). If you guys still have the AS Airbus V1.21 (the previous version before V1.30), go to the BASE folder (panel_fallback/AB_AP/) & copy the ATHR.xml then replace it to your Airbus V1.30. I'd tested alrdy & it working just fine.

ATHR.xml

What's up guys..!!! For those who experience the AUTOTHROTTLE problem when on approach, i found the solution (temporary but working fine). If you guys still have the AS Airbus V1.21 (the previous version before V1.30), go to the BASE folder (panel_fallback/AB_AP/) & copy the ATHR.xml then replace it to your Airbus V1.30. I'd tested alrdy & it working just fine.

Unfortunately I don't have the version 1.21 anymore. That work around would be great for me.

The same issue. Only with IAE. The SPEED are not being reduced correctly. I did 3 fights today. Of course i AM forced to go around.

I have the same issue (v1.3c)...A320 IAE the autothrust system does not reduce speed in Managed/Approach Mode to Green Dot, S and F properly the way it does in the A320 CFM. Tested both under identical conditions.

I was able to get things under control using speed brakes and pulling out the select speed knob.

Hi

It looks like this problem is specific depending on the user PC configuration.

As I see some people does not have this problems including me.

It worked with 1.3c. and 1.3b .

I'm standby with 1.30d until I get confirmation that hold works.-

BRGDS

Has

Hi,

I agree with the above and here is some picture evidence. Picture Des1 is an on line flight yesterday to Schipol A319 IAE. Cleared by ATC to 2000 with no speed restrictions. You will see I have about 15 track miles to run, ILS indicating 10.3nm. Airspeed is 250kts. I have selected speed of 210 knots manually. I have set the descent rate at only 1000 fpm and passing 2800. I need to get the speed back so have deployed the speed brakes. This is having no effect on the IAS. In fact you can see it is creeping up very slightly. The only way I could get the speed off was to fly almost level then descend once again. This cannot be correct even in real world as it would make compliance with ATC instructions impossible. Furthermore, the descent to final approach speed seems a constant battle with the IAE.

Second picture DES 4 is the A319 CFM. Approaching Toulouse today. I have selected IAS of 180 knots from 250 originally. Speed is coming back very nicely with a rate of descent showing 800fpm, in fact it maintained 1000 fpm at 180 knots. No speed brakes needed to reduce the speed. Easy to reduce to final approach speed.

Even if there is a significant real world performance between the two types, there is something wrong with the auto throttle or speed control of the IAE. Be grateful if developers could look at this.

Lastly, I have only recently flown the IAE models having joined a VA that uses that model. I cannot comment on performance previously or following the Hot Fixes.

Regards,

Keith

post-79533-0-57056400-1430396324_thumb.p

post-79533-0-08820900-1430396363_thumb.p

Well Ive tried it with all variants now and only have a problem with the IAE models, they dont seem to slow down on approach, speedbakes have very little or no effect, still cant work out why only a few have reported this problem, guess Im going to have to stick with the CFM models for now .

Well Ive tried it with all variants now and only have a problem with the IAE models, they dont seem to slow down on approach, speedbakes have very little or no effect, still cant work out why only a few have reported this problem, guess Im going to have to stick with the CFM models for now .

Same here. I didn´t check if its same problem on the CFMs or 318/19/21. I always fly the A320 IAE and is almost imposible to make a stabilized app. In addition, i can´t get into the Glide Slope due to high speed on app.

I have tested the A319 CFM from KMIA to KMCO, and same thing. I think its a bug with the A/THR due to oscilations and other bug related to "aircraft friction" or something like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had this problem too - The autothrottle has produced the following behaviours:

Using A318 CFM - v1.3E

1. Continuous Thrust Oscillation on final - hard to maintain pitch as you make minor adjustments and the aircraft increases/reduces throttle.

2. Selecting speed is ignored, e.g. maintaining 160kts until 4DME when instructed by ATC, aircraft continues to reduce to vAPP as if in managed mode, sometimes below vAPP causing A.FLOOR.

3. If approach is performed in managed mode, sometimes increases throttle and airspeed into the barberpole. Minimal pitch adjustments.

This was definitely working better before the recent 1.3 updates. I have uninstalled my previous A319/318 as per the uninstallation routine (with reboots, full admin rights etc) then reinstalled. I have even tried with a full fresh install of Windows/FSX/etc etc and minimal addons.

I am trialling P3D on my laptop at present (FSX on my main PC), and have experienced the issue on both platforms. Have checked all runtimes, even using the runtime fixer tool posted on this forum.

Archived