Problems with very long direct-to segments (>150nm)

Hello!

If I get an very long direct-to request from ATC (>150nm) than the airbus has an bug, he turns fully left or right when inserting a STAR during enroute. This problem occurs in the old AXE 1.15 and it was solved by Airbus 1.21d.

Dont know, why it occurs again with SP3.

Once you get your DIRECT clearance, add one or more user waypoints at a distance on the reciprocal heading from the fix. Then it shouldn't go haywire later when you add the star.

Once you get your DIRECT clearance, add one or more user waypoints at a distance on the reciprocal heading from the fix. Then it shouldn't go haywire later when you add the star.

That's not a solution. Sorry.

That's not a solution. Sorry.

Nobody is calling this a "solution". I can't even reproduce your problem on my system and was offering a simple work-around (shortening the "direct to" segment) to help keep you on track until the problem gets fixed.

Did you try it? If so, what happened?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

This is happening with me as well.

There are waypoints that the bus just turn 180 degrees out of the planned route, I will probably assume it's based on distance.

Would like to ask if the team knows exactly what is causing this bug and if they are in the top of it? It's pretty annoying when you fly in MNPS airspace where the waypoints are far away distanced.

Thank you once again for the amazing work.

An update here that might give some hint where the issue is.

I'm flying today route SNT DCT NARTA DCT ORTOP UN726 BAMBA UA621 TNG R10 VJF between LPMA and LXGB, after passing SNT VOR the bus instead of maintaining heading around 051 degrees turned back 180 degrees. Distance between SNT VOR and NARTA is 258NM on this route. I had to manually enter a DIR TO NARTA and was ok.

After NARTA the bus turned right to heading 093 correctly as per the FP and the distance between NARTA and ORTOP is exactly 250NM on this route.

Conclusion: The issue here might be related with distance but it's not always the distance mentioned above by Martin.

Hope this helps the investigation.

Cheers,

Bruno

Another update here guys.

I flew today from ENTC to BIAR within some OCA's where distances between waypoints are big and no worries.

So I have no idea what the potential issue might be, but as mentioned above the issue is there as I faced it previously.

Thank you.

Archived