MCDU AND TOP OF DESCENT

keithgiannni

Hi,

Please see attached picture. I have found that when a direct routing to a way point is selected and that waypoint is beyond the top of descent, the T/D is shown in the MCDU at a time that is completely wrong. This has happened on every occasion I have tested this. You will see in the picture the T/D is shown as UTC 1253, the next way point at 1429. The T/D should read something like 1427. However, the T/D symbol can be seen in the Navigation display in the correct place. Is this a bug with the Left MCDU?

Best,

Keith

post-79533-0-02708800-1429855136_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You're not alone with this issue. Luckily the T/D seems to be correct, except the estimated time. That's probably why we haven't heard/seen too much about this in the past perhaps.

Anders

After seeing your thread I tried it and I noticed it too. But as Anders and you noted, it is just the time in my case that is wrong and it seems to be calculated correctly otherwise. When I use it it works well

and keeps the descent path as it should be and its movement on the Nav display seems reasonable. I hadn't even noticed it before.

Archived