Failure to load textures

gordonrd45

When loading Schipol Amsterdam X with my LevelD 767-300ER I am getting a "Failure to load texture" message for two files, ARLANDAPUSH.BMP and STAIRFLOORB.BMP. I am running the airport with AES activated and it is working. There are files with similar names in the airport texture directory, but not the ones that fail to load. The scenery looks good, but whenever I load it, or change iews, I get the error messages for these same two files.

Similar problems with missing texture files with other airports, but not the same files suggesting something outside of the original airport installation changed the textures.

Anyone ever seen this or know where these missing files might have come from? I tried deinstalling, then reinstalling the airport to no avail.

Rob G

The ARLANDAPUSH.bmp comes not from Amsterdam X but from Arlanda X (the same developer).

So check if you have or maybe had(?) Arlanda installed and are missing the file. If yes, try reinstalling.

As for the STAIRFLOORB.bmp, I cannot find it in the Texture folder of any of the two sceneries.

Also remember to download the very latest version of the scenery to install.

Looks like the version of Amsterdam X I have, which is the latest one (1.04), does not use those textures.

Thanks for the replies. It happens with any plane, including the default 737.

I do have Arlanda and it is FSX 1.01, the latest version. I have tried deinstalling it, also reinstalling but still get the errors. If I load another airport, like Denver, I get another strange set of missing textures such as wigwag01.bmp (which is nowhere to be found, although there is a wigwag.bmp). Really weird.

Rob

Then it looks like you generally have a huge mess-up with your sim textures. No magic action will fix it.

I am afraid the best solution for you will be a clean reinstall of FSX and then installing the addons again.

I still don't know what the problem was, but I fixed it doing what I find often works when all else fails -- rebuild the fsx.cfg file. I backed up the current one, then deleted it from the FSX directory and let it rebuild by running FSX. Added a few tweaks that I knew were needed, then ran the fsx.cfg tweaks by Bojote, and now FSX works better than ever! Never had to touch any textures.

Archived