Engine oscillation with HF 1.30e (originally c)... Again

Hello,

first of all, I'm sorry to come up with another engine oscillation thread... :D
After installing HF 1.30c I still have problems with a heavily oscillating ATHR, I've had it right from the beginning with SP3 and still have it after applying all three hotfixes (all of them are installed properly, don't worry, it's not that hard for me to put some files into folders...). Most of times the ATHR struggles to achieve the target speed, when accelerating. It undershoots the target speed, spools the engines down some 15-10 knots under the target speed. What follows is a deceleration, the engines then spool up again, but after being 15-10 knots under the target, it lowers the thrust again and the whole story goes on and on. The speed then settles some 5 knots under the target speed.

When decelerating, to the contrary, the ATHR spools the engines up too early, then idles, spools up again, repeats this process quite some times and finally settles some 5 knots over the target speed.

All this happens with clear (no) weather and without any weather engine. I have FSUIPC, but the throttle axis is linked via standard FSX controls.

Regards

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just completed EGCC-EIDW with A320CFM 1.30c and everything was perfect, no thrust oscillations at all during any phases of flight, no pitchup at ALT* anymore.

I'm having the same issue with the most recent update. Have now observed it on around 5-6 flights. A/T maintains the desired speed but engines spool up and down wildly. Not something I've experienced before applying the most recent fix.

After some more tests i have to say managed mode works well, also open descent! Manual climb or desecent oscillation, not that much but not normal i guess! Weather off and testet on with ASN!

Hi

No oscilation with HF 1.30c and no change in speed trend.

A319 CFM with ASN.

I notice only that after A/THR disconect I have not heard triple click, but I must test more.

Thanks

Has

I'm experiencing enormous engine spool up during my final approach with my A/THR on.

Just when the speed drops a couple of knots beneath the selected one, you can hear en see the engine spooling up to the to/ga thrust. In just a second it accelerates around 5 knots above the selected speed, and thrust goes directly to idle.

And this happens over and over again non-stop.

And actually the Auto-Thrust is terrible. I'm really thankful that aerosoft is doing such a job for making the 3rd SP, the work they completed is just amazing. But I have to be fair - I've flown a hundreds of flight hours in many versions of the bus from the beginning to now, and this is the worst ATHR I've seen until now. The accelerate-arrow on the speedtape is never standing still, not on ground with Parking brake on, let alone in flight (i haven't flown yet in turbulence, that will be a disaster I think). Sometimes the plane is just flying at the speed of 15 knots above the selected one, and it doesn't do anything to correct it.

But seriously the biggest disaster is the accelerate-arrow. I'm climbing to my cruise while typing this message and the arrow doesn't even stand still for a millisecond.. And often it shows that it's accelerating in the opposite direction of where you see the speed moving

• Deputy Sheriffs

But seriously the biggest disaster is the accelerate-arrow. I'm climbing to my cruise while typing this message and the arrow doesn't even stand still for a millisecond.. And often it shows that it's accelerating in the opposite direction of where you see the speed moving

Sure you are flying with HF 1.30C and installed it correctly? No A320-321 files in the A318-319 for example?

Hi. Version 1.30c is the best regarding ATHR issue and speed oscilation. I tested only A319 CFM and didn't see any problems. Perfect flight

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk

Sure you are flying with HF 1.30C and installed it correctly? No A320-321 files in the A318-319 for example?

Oh my god! You're right! I was flying in the 1.30, totally forgot to install the hotfix. Shame on me! :mallet_s:

I'm sorry! I'll install and test it and hopefully that will solve all the problems. Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good luck! The trendvector problem should be gone completely. But as stated in this thread some are still having small problems with the oscillation of the engine which we cannot reproduce at the moment.

A320/321 tested with Vers. 1.30 + hotfix c today (after solved another problem (s. MCDU left)):
Complete crazy behaviour of autothrust! After leaving a holding autothrust did not stop accelarate the plane. Autopilot tried to stop this by climbing with 6000ft/min! Master caution.
Had to manage this dangerous situation with disengage AT and AP and stabilize the plane.
In final approach: heavy oscillation of AT, so I had to set thrust manually.

Grounded my fleet now until there are working updates....

This story is a sad example how a working product is made unusable...

Just to add to this topic. The trendvector is fixed (thank you), however the oscillation is still occurring but to a lesser extent than before. Basically say you speed command to 180 from 220, the aircraft will idle (correctly) but will then demand increased thrust around 195, it'll then reduce thrust up and down losing 2-3 knots per increase/decrease until it settles at 180. Very unusual.

Hope this adds more meat to the problem.

FSX

IAE engine (both 319/320 variant)

ASN

1.30c

Good luck! The trendvector problem should be gone completely. But as stated in this thread some are still having small problems with the oscillation of the engine which we cannot reproduce at the moment.

So you're saying, that none of these problems happen on any of Aerosoft's testing systems? That's strange... Good luck reproducing it, so we might get this fixed in the next HF or update. :D Just to add: In theory the ATHR on your bus is getting better and better over the years, but what I and surely many others experience in practice is the exact opposite. But don't worry, we all surely appreciate all the hard work and improvements anyway. :)

Archived