Etops from Caribbean to Europe help

What are my suitable airports for a 777F using this route? TNCC-EHAM The route is outside etops but my friend told me this is a real route.

EAST1 NOXAD A516 SINDA/N0493F330 UA516
MILOK/M083F330 A516 PJM DCT 20N060W 28N050W 34N040W 38N030W
DCT VFL/M083F350 DCT 42N020W DCT GONAN DCT SEPAL UN470
LAPEX/N0476F360 UN472 BADUR/N0474F370 UN585 KOKOS UN491
LGL/N0474F360 UT176 EVX UN873 FERDI UY18 DENUT

Yes: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2011-12-12-Boeing-to-Offer-up-to-330-Minute-ETOPS-on-777

I think it is about money to certify aircraft. You can manually change ETOPS for the 777 to whatever you want. I did it as it was sometimes even hard find a route from europe to New-York that fitted into the ETOPS.

The default is 120 on the 777. I changed it to 180 mins which is enough for me.

how do I change it to 180? Edit the airplane and change 120 minutes to 180 and nothing else? Thank you! I did this and it fixed it, do I need to edit anything else besides the 120 minutes?

You need to have 3 informations:

- Max Diversion Time (you already have, 180 minutes);

- Diversion Weight (you don't have that);

- Max Diversion Distance (you also don't have that).

Normally, the operational department defines this values. In my case (B77W), was defined a "Basic" diversion weight of 320.000kg, with the purpose to define a maximum deviation distance (depends WHERE you're going to fly). Based on this weight (called Aircraft Reference Gross-Weight), you will look in the chart called FPPM (Flight Planning and Performance Manual), section "Flight Plan", and defines a "Single Engine Speed" (based on your diversion weight selected before). In my case, was selected M.84 / 320Kt IAS.

In this chart (ETOPS Flight Planning), you will compare the weight data with speed data above, and you will find the diversion distance of 1.291nm. So, my 180 ETOPS distance is 1.291nm from an adequate (and suitable) airport. Remember to create the circles in navigation display to reference.

If you use this values, the table will be:

60 minutes = 439nm (you can use this value flying outside ETOPS area, to determine if you are near or far from an airport in your route, in case of medical emergency during flight, for example.

90 minutes = 652nm

120 minutes = 865nm

180 minutes = 1291nm

207 minutes = 1483nm

And so on. Remember: this values is from B777-300ER "FPPM". Each company will define the best values for its own operation.

Tip: from TNCC to EHAM, you can use: TJSJ (San Juan), or MYNN (Nassau) or MDSD (Punta Cana). Don't use TXKF (Bermuda) during night shift. This airport is CLOSED during night. And then as follows: LPAZ (Santa Maria) or LPLA (Lajes Air Base). After that, finish your flight.

Renato.

You need to have 3 informations:

- Max Diversion Time (you already have, 180 minutes);

- Diversion Weight (you don't have that);

- Max Diversion Distance (you also don't have that).

Normally, the operational department defines this values. In my case (B77W), was defined a "Basic" diversion weight of 320.000kg, with the purpose to define a maximum deviation distance (depends WHERE you're going to fly). Based on this weight (called Aircraft Reference Gross-Weight), you will look in the chart called FPPM (Flight Planning and Performance Manual), section "Flight Plan", and defines a "Single Engine Speed" (based on your diversion weight selected before). In my case, was selected M.84 / 320Kt IAS.

In this chart (ETOPS Flight Planning), you will compare the weight data with speed data above, and you will find the diversion distance of 1.291nm. So, my 180 ETOPS distance is 1.291nm from an adequate (and suitable) airport. Remember to create the circles in navigation display to reference.

If you use this values, the table will be:

60 minutes = 439nm (you can use this value flying outside ETOPS area, to determine if you are near or far from an airport in your route, in case of medical emergency during flight, for example.

90 minutes = 652nm

120 minutes = 865nm

180 minutes = 1291nm

207 minutes = 1483nm

And so on. Remember: this values is from B777-300ER "FPPM". Each company will define the best values for its own operation.

Tip: from TNCC to EHAM, you can use: TJSJ (San Juan), or MYNN (Nassau) or MDSD (Punta Cana). Don't use TXKF (Bermuda) during night shift. This airport is CLOSED during night. And then as follows: LPAZ (Santa Maria) or LPLA (Lajes Air Base). After that, finish your flight.

Renato.

cool thanks. but when I enter 207 minutes it automatically places 1483nm in the other box. So I just need to enter weight. And I am flying the 77Xnot the 77W

Can you help me with one last thing? In the plan when it mentions not a mach speed, but an airspeed, like N0474F360 does that mean econ or long range cruise rather than a mach number? Dont know what to enter in the FMC

cool thanks. but when I enter 207 minutes it automatically places 1483nm in the other box. So I just need to enter weight. And I am flying the 77Xnot the 77W

Can you help me with one last thing? In the plan when it mentions not a mach speed, but an airspeed, like N0474F360 does that mean econ or long range cruise rather than a mach number? Dont know what to enter in the FMC

For me, 77W is "-300ER". I don't know what is the "X". If you selected 207 minutes and the value was 1483nm, so it's considering Mach 0,84 / 320 Kt IAS, according to the FPPM.

If you're flying in FL360, with a TAS of 474kt's, is basically the same as Mach 0.826 (almost 0.83). If you have inserted a Cost Index on PFPX to your calculations, in flight plan, you'll have the TAS number and mach number.

If your TAS is N0482 in the same flight level (FL360), will be Mach 0,840!

Renato.

Archived