Flytampa EKCH perfomance with AES

Hi Aerosoft,

I have a problem with Flytampas Copenhagen and AES activated at the same time.

I find that when I activate Copenhagen in AES config tool, perfomance in copenhagen decrease drastically and so do the FPS.
When I disable Copenhagen in AES config, and only use animated jetways from the Flytampa config tool, my FPS increase quite a lot and the scenery runs very smooth again.
I have all settings set up as recommended and have never had problems with AES in other large and small airports from either Aerosoft or other developers/publishers.
I only experience this problem when I'm near the terminals.

Do you have a solution to this? since it is a little practice that I can not use the scenery together with AES.
I'm using FSX.
Regards
Christian

• Developer

Hi Christian,

that the scenery is very frame intensive, we not need to discuss, but I have checked the difference between the scenery option with all jetways FSX animated and AES active:

I place the aircraft at the middle of the filed, view to the terminal so that all jetways are on the screen and save the flight:

- When I restart FSX without AES active and "only" the FSX animated Scenery Jetways (AF2_EKCH_FSX(jets).BGL file active) in view I have an around 41 frames

- When I then active the Airport in AES and restart the FSX I have also 41 frames, i don't see any difference here.

All tests done with no FSX or external Framelimiters.

So, there is not much I can do here.

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply.

I find it really really strange.. I have tried to attach two comparisons pictures to show the difference. The first one is with AES activated and the second one is with "animated jetways" through the Flytampa config Tool.

Could I miss a file or something?

Christian

post-34448-0-23475300-1429902759_thumb.j

post-34448-0-27391800-1429902764_thumb.j

• Developer

When you compare two different Scenarios, you will have not a clear base to say, where the difference comes from:

Please compare the situation like I have done it, otherwise you could not say, that the jetways are the source of the frame difference:

- switch off AI Traffic

- Set Weather to clear

- go to the 2D Cockpit and switch it of (press W until the cockpit is off

- go to Slewmode and place the aircraft, so that you have the terminals with the jetways in view

- Save the flight as default

- Uncheck AES in the scenery library to get the scenery jetways

- Restart the FS (mayby by selecting the saved flight, when starting via Startupscreen)

- then check the frames, but wait a minute to get a average of the frames

- then recheck AES to switch the AES jetways on

- Restart the FS again and check the frames again

Only when you have a clear simular base for your test, without other AI Traffic in view, different weathercondition, other daytime, different view angles or Vehicles around your aircraft, then you can say, there is a significant difference in frames based on the AES jetways.

In your test, all this is not given.

The two Pictures were taken under the same conditions - Same time of the day, same trafic, same weather. The second one is even with 3d grass enabled.

But I agree the comparisons have to made under totally same conditions. I do still see a slightly big difference. With AES deactivated my frames are between 35-50. With AES activated they are from 15-30. And at the same time there a lots of stutters and drops in perfomance.

I do never have these problems with AES in other airports.

In the Pictures, the jetways are invisible in the shot without AES compared to the shot with AES, but that shouldn't make such a difference in performence, am I right?

I find it really strange :(

post-34448-0-10023400-1430069890_thumb.j

post-34448-0-14186300-1430069944_thumb.p

Archived