Some issues and bugs on CFD

Nicrative

Hello,

I know you've been working hard on this CFD thing and I also know that this is just a test for the CFD anyways until the A330 comes out. Anyways, I would like to point these things out just so you know what there is wrong and could be maybe fixed. And also something you could look into while going forward with the A330 project. And of course it would be really nice to have these fixed for the airbus A320 as well as soon as possible. I know it's not your priority but still. Of course the CFD is already flyable but it's still a bit annoying when you have to double check these few things with extreme care to get them synced.

Pre-Departure flows:

-RCDR GND CTL - Not synced

-Probe heat - Not synced

-Nav light - not synced

-Been there since release of Airbus X: ALIGN IRS - Starts aligning before ALIGN IRS is selected from FMCU. So whenever you set the three ADIRS buttons to nav it starts aligning. But IRL it starts aligning when you set ALIGN IRS on FMC.

Pushback & taxi

-Parking brakes - not synced properly (sometimes you have to switch on/off several times to get it on same position)

-When first officer acts as PF for the leg, on almost every airline the captain still handles the taxiing as that's one of the most difficult parts of the whole flight. So would be nice to be able to taxi as captain somehow even though the First officer is the master. So some kind of sidestick priority function where you could choose who handles the flight controls by just one click.

In-Flight

Sometimes the slave pilot loses part of the route and whole FMCU gets unsynced. It's really hard to get the flight plan back there correctly as where-ever you click it may function differently on the other FMCU. But this can be prevented by double checking every move other makes on the FMCU and doing it slowly.

Landing

Autobrakes not working at all

Reverses not showing for slave

So there are my observations. Hopefully you can do at least something for some of those things.

Best regards,

Nicrative

I was flying together with Nicrative and we had one flight with the hotfixes and one without, the flight without the hotfixes was with less issues (we didnt had sudden loss of flightplan for example)

I do have the both hotfixes installed on both A318/319 & A320/321. So it's not about that. As far as I know BlueFinn had them for A319 which we flew first but didn't have for A321 which we flew second. Same mistakes occured on both flights (but the A321 flight didn't have the FMCU all messed up)

On my side, the FMC get unsynced since the begining.

Actually I load a flightplan (as master) but slave will only see departure and arrival airport. He will not see all points in FMC and ND.

If during flight we share controls, plane will move to wrong location (as slave has not full flight plan).

Also having issues were moving from master to slave to master again, we are no more able to operate throttle (joystick are no more seen in Options > Controls, only 'Mouse Yoke').

This kind of issues are painfull. Any clues to fix it?

I think you can not load a flight plan in the FMC because it does only sync the inputs made there. So when you load a flightplan it get the departure and arrival inputs but since the other pilot doesn't have that plan in his system his FMCU is clueless about the route. So it has to be done manually by checking each input you make.

Also it seems like you have to restart the sim each time you want to switch between the master and slave. Aerosoft may have a better answer for that but that's my experience. (Explained on the taxi section of my post. Basically the same but there the situation is that the connection between master and slave is to be switched before takeoff)

And I am still looking for an answer from you Aerosoft about these issues. Hopefully you won't just wipe them under the carpet. I expect at least somekind of customer support on the support forums for a paid product.

Thanks.

Archived