CumulusX 1.9.1.2 has stopped working

ilwoody77

Hello,

I'm new to FSX and CumulusX and I've just tried to install CumulusX on a new Windows 8.1 64bit (clean iso from ms download) with FSX steam edition. Basically FSX and steam are the only software installed :)

Unfortunately all I get by running the installer (as an admin) or Modules/CumulusX (saw this on another thread) is just a pop up that it has stopped working.

Any log/advise I could look at ? if can help I can give the author full remote access to the computer (there is nothing in it ;)

thank you

Hello ilwoody77, when you say you installed it as an admin, do you mean you actually right clicked it and pressed Run as Administrator? The problem I ran into this past week was the extraction from ZIP process in my new Windows 8.1 64bit operating system. Make sure you did indeed extract the contents of the ZIP and run install from that directory. I found myself fighting a never ending battle trying to just get it to install as the administrator, because that choice wasn't available when right clicking, and then I just thought maybe since I am already the admin, maybe it would just work by left clicking twice. Well, after a day of frustration, I finally found that when I was supposedly extracting from ZIP, I was actually just trying to install from the first explorer window that popped up (which is the window to use as the extraction point). Needless to say, I was a little embarrassed since I thought I was well versed in computers, but the process has to be gotten used to. Hope I explained that right just in case this is anybody else's problem.

Scott

Great to hear that it works now! Now you can enjoy the wonders of it, CumulusX! is by far one of the best programs for soaring pilots in my opinion, it may also be for regular pilots too at particular airports.

Scott

Archived