Capturing ILS frequency

Hi all,

I've set the frequency and Heading in the FMC and now I'm on intercept course but it will not capture the frequency even when both the ILS and Appr buttons are activated.

The ILS frequency is correct and so is the hdg and shows up on the MFD as activated.

Any ideas? Have I left anything out?

Thanks in advance.

Fred

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could be several reasons like

- coming in too high

- freq not correct, due to diff between used AIRAC in the aircraft and what the scenery in FSX gives you

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is, what freq does the airport "send". Maybe the freq of the airport is outdated compared to the one in the AIRAC.

BTW. there are no latest navdata for FSX. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you show us a video and or screenshots of the "failure" to intercept the ILS?

-or-

At which airport is this and which ILS APP? Any airport addon used? Which freq and course did you input? At what altitude and from what angle did you intercept the ILS? Was the approach phase activated? What type of approach did you input in the MCDU?

Thanks

The problem is, what freq does the airport "send". Maybe the freq of the airport is outdated compared to the one in the AIRAC.

BTW. there are no latest navdata for FSX. ;)

That's incorrect Mopperle. There is actually 'navdata' for FSX, which updates navaids everywhere in the world. (VOR, NDB, ILS, Markers, Runway Identifiers). It also updates the variation, which changes regularly.

Check it here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html (Freeware)

Stefan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Stefan,

there is no guarantee that the mentioned navaid update includes all real word updates.

To really make sure one should check the ILS frequencies of an airport within FSX (via the map tool) with the ones from Airac cycle (via the RAD NAV page in the MCDU or the PFD).

Tom.

Tom,

Yes that's true, but then again you can check the files (BGL files) yourself and compare them with several sources.

But indeed the best way is to cross check frequencies with the FSX map.

And there's also no guarantee that the Navigraph and Navdatapro AIRAC cycles update all SIDs, STARs, Transitions, etc. of all airports in the world..

Stefan

• Deputy Sheriffs

El Stevo, do not hijack this topic please. We are trying the help Fred, not debating databases here.

Thanks

Thanks for all your responses guys, Sorry for the delayed response. My partner just had cancer removed so I've been pre-occupied.

1. The issue occurs at any airport runway with ILS.(Flying in Australia) and no airport addons have been installed.

2. I have FS Commander and checking the ILS Frequency of the airports (which is obtained from the FSX database) matches the Frequency in the MCDU

3. I've opted to use NavDataPro instead of Navigraph AIRAC perhaps that's the issue.

Finally, my airacs cycle is different from Airbus loaded to what FSX update has and also my FS Commander but as far as I've checked, the frequencies and cousre settings appear the same.

A320 IAE and A321 CFM.

I too have found capturing the ILS a real problem since SP3,

Ive found if you are not heavily LOC captured the glide wont capture, once the LOC is captured you must select APP then AP2 before g/s capture or it just wont go down, Its just very unforgiving now, its almost asif its like a boeing, allow g/s capture without loc.

out of 8 goarounds I missed 3.

Also Im getting wild speed tape variations, from extreme increase to extreme decrease since SP3, yes yes I too had the occilating throttels and installed SP3C, that cured the throttles occilating, but not the extreme speed trend tape.

Is the hotfix for the A320/321 correct, when downloaded is says its B not C?

Sven

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hey Fred,

can you check the latest hotfix out? Also: Which airport exactly? I can try it out myself then.

Jonas

Archived