A320 sp3, high speed approach.

strange then as when im trying to slow down without flaps in level flight they do nothing! maybe I have installed the hotfixes wrong, hope they add them to a new install as this will make it easier for non-computer types :-)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Im also experiencing the same speed problem with IAE model. Just to prove this, I went on a 20NM final approach at 5,000ft with 200 kts, and I was not able to get the plane below 147 kts no matter what. I tried manual and managed speed without any success, as well as the profile Frank posted above.

Any light on this issue is very much appreciated.

Kind regards!

I have been doing a lot of takeoff and landing practice completely manually (AP and ATHR off, A320 CFM) and I do not have any trouble slowing down. In fact, it is easy to get too slow! With gear down, full flaps, thrust at IDLE, I have to be descending at over 1000 fpm just to keep the airspeed at 120 kts, just above A.FLOOR. Sufficient thrust to avoid that on final seems to be about N1=50% so there is plenty of drag.

When descending more steeply, like from cruise to approach, I have a proportional controller for the spoilers, on the same hand-grip as the thrust, which helps a lot. Moving the spoilers clearly has an effect on the speed-trend indication.

Perhaps the problem is with the autothrust rather than the aerodynamics? Try turning ATHR off completely and see if it will slow down. I have not tried the IAE models myself.

I would want to be well below 200 kts before starting final descent.

I think I see the problem. In the A320 IAE sometimes the spoiler handle has no effect at all!

I move my controller to full, I check that the visible handle on the center console is

full back, yet:

1. The control-surface display on the lower center screen shows no spoilers out

2. An external view shows a clean wing.

It works ok before takeoff, but somewhere during final approach the spoilers suddenly stop working at all. I noticed it right after I accidentally got too slow and received the "speed, speed, speed" warning.

I am having the same problem. Struggle to get the plane to firstly reduce to 180. Lowering the gear as little or no effect on speed with throttles at idle. Then at 1500 I reduce the speed selection to VAPP and even disabling athr, struggle to get to VAPP by the threshold.

I also have trouble on takeoff in that it seems to the aircraft gets stuck in ground effect and wont climb and won't climb, even with full throttle.

Nil problems with CFM.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We are looking at the problem. Not everybody on the beta team is seeing this so we are still troubleshooting it so to speak. We first need to know what causes it before we can fix it.

Any new on the matter will be reported in this thread.

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm also experiencing this issue. It started after installing the hotfixes. The engine oscillations during cruise stopped after the hotfixes though :). I'm also flying the IAE A320. During approach the Captain calls out "Flaps 1", then it takes a long time till he calls out "Flaps 2". The rest of the callouts then go quickly, as soon as the aircraft is under the speed limits of the flaps. But these speeds aren't reached as the aircraft does'nt have enough drag, I guess.

PS. Out of interest, whats the trigger for the "Flaps 2" callout?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not to give you guys the idea that we are ignoring you; here a small update. The A320IAE FDE is being tweaked as we speak. Nothing was changed to the FDE for SP3 but somehow some are having these problems. We are aware of that and we are working on it.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Joshua, which would be the proper installation. Do I have to install the modified ATH (may , 2) file too?

Thanks in advance.

Miquel.

Hi Joshua, which would be the proper installation. Do I have to install the modified ATH (may , 2) file too?

Thanks in advance.

Miquel.

The above is only a FDE fix for 320 IAE. I have no idea which file you are referring to, but only install the files when you have that specific problem.

I have the same problem but with A321-IAE.The approach phase is not working proply.Flaps 1,2,3 and Landing Gear maintain the airplane with very hight speed in the approch.Using checklist mode when Flaps 2 is calling the speed comes highter.Usualy it happens like this:Before Flaps-IAS 222;Flaps1-IAS 223;Flaps3-IAS 211;Gear Down-IAS 206;Spoilers Down-IAS 198;Flaps5-IAS 182.

Like that is not possible to fly.

TKS

Just completed a flight using A320 IAE and Joshua's latest FDE. As soon as it was apparent that speed was not going below 180 kts on approach I disconnected AP and hand flew to landing raising nose a little to reduce speed. Not sure what final landing speed was. This was first flight with modified FDE. I will try another flight soon and try to get more info.

Thanks for continuing to work on a fix!

alcheyenne

Archived