Go Around Phase Autopilot Malfunction

Flyprdu

Hello,

with the new hotfix we can fly manually an Go Arround, but the modi change operates not correct after setting G/A Thrust Mode. The mode LAND stays and change a bit later to LOC & GS. With Auto Flight Mode the plane fly into terrain. Manually we can stabilized the plane, change the mode by hand (deselect APPR, selected/managed NAV, selected ALT with VS).

Before hotfix 1.30d the plane climb, and climb, and climb...

Now it´s a little better, but this here is real

(minute 04:50)

Frank

Ok, I will keep the current status short.

Bad news: It wont be fixed anytime soon.
Good news: It will be fixed, with the upcoming rewrite of the FBW/AP(Note not FMGS) for SP4/A330.

And before you ask, I do not have a release date for the SP4.

Good news: It will be fixed, with the upcoming rewrite of the FBW/AP(Note not FMGS) for SP4/A330.

OK I understand.

In the meantime I please you to provide the old version 1.21d. I want to fly an GA without problems like before. And to have an ATH without problems. Please!

You must not support the old version only provide to download please. Normally I trust aerosoft and delete old versions but in this case it was a very very big fault.

OK I understand.

In the meantime I please you to provide the old version 1.21d. I want to fly an GA without problems like before. And to have an ATH without problems. Please!

You must not support the old version only provide to download please. Normally I trust aerosoft and delete old versions but in this case it was a very very big fault.

+1:

This would buy AS some time to sort out version 1.30 issues calmly.

Offer v.121d as an alternative download from the AS customers' download accounts and from the Updates database. Please ...

Gentlemen;

It may NOT be necessary at all to abandon v1.3 at this point. I have version 1.3c on my machine right now and have been able to do flawless missed approaches on autopilot using this amended procedure.

Version: A320 IAE (no sharklets)

Approach status: SPEED G/S LOC CAT3 DUAL. Gear down, full flaps, on localizer and glideslope.

While you are descending MAKE SURE that you dial in your runway heading in the heading window (DON'T push or pull the button). Also make sure you have your missed approach altitude dialed in (say 2000' for this example).

At 200' AGL for example, push the throttle lever from CLB to TOGA, then immediately right-click the APPR button to turn it off.

Raise the gear and select FLAPS3.

Now you should see:

MAN TOGA OP CLB HDG. You are climbing away in full thrust, open climb in heading mode on the runway heading. Retract flaps as appropriate.

Before you reach your missed approach altitude, place the thrust lever in CLB. Push the selected heading button to go into NAV mode and the airplane should start following the missed approach path and will level off at your missed approach altitude.

At your leisure, arm the Approach Phase again in the MCDU and make another approach.

I've tried this several times and it worked well.

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qk2NQclQwJU

Gentlemen;

It may NOT be necessary at all to abandon v1.3 at this point. I have version 1.3c on my machine right now and have been able to do flawless missed approaches on autopilot using this amended procedure.

Approach status: SPEED G/S LOC CAT3 DUAL. Gear down, full flaps, on localizer and glideslope.

While you are descending MAKE SURE that you dial in your runway heading in the heading window (DON'T push or pull the button). Also make sure you have your missed approach altitude dialed in (say 2000' for this example).

At 200' AGL for example, push the throttle lever from CLB to TOGA, then immediately right-click the APPR button to turn it off.

Now you should see:

MAN TOGA OP CLB HDG. You are climbing away in full thrust, open climb in heading mode on the runway heading. Retract flaps as appropriate.

Before you reach your missed approach altitude, place the thrust lever in CLB. Push the selected heading button to go into NAV mode and the airplane should start following the missed approach path and will level off at your missed approach altitude.

At your leisure, arm the Approach Phase again in the MCDU and make another approach.

Here's a video:

OK, but please try this with Hotfix E. I don't have C.

I tried 5 go-arrounds today with hotfix e. No success.

OK, but please try this with Hotfix E. I don't have C.

I tried 5 go-arrounds today with hotfix e. No success.

I just performed the same go around procedure that I described above using version 1.3e and the results were exactly the same (worked).

We have to wait more than 6 months (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/92340-a330-preview/?p=661340) until a serious bug in a normal procedure (Go around) - which worked before - is fixed? Are you serious?

Mathijs Kok wrote, that there will be no more service packs before the A330, but i can't find the post anymore.

Gentlemen;

Now you should see:

Here's a video:

One note to add to this...if OP CLB does not show when you right click the APPR button, just right click the altitude knob to set OP CLB. The rest of the instructions seem to apply to 1.3e.

Mathijs Kok wrote, that there will be no more service packs before the A330, but i can't find the post anymore.

Our schedule has changed, it will not longer be after A330, but I cant disclose more than that.

I cannot understand what's so difficult here.

The difficulty is in replicating it. You can see for yourself people having mixed results here and I don't have the "GA" bug that you are so angered by.

There will be no official uploads of the old version. I do not see the need to go around on every approach, so this issue is rather minimal. Anyone who does has the old hotfix of V1.21d can probably extract and put up AP1Disp.xml on the forums for people to use. (This is a exception case).

At this point in time, there is nothing left to be said, thread will be locked.

Archived