No more remote MCDU?

lonewulf47

I just updated to SP3 and have no more Remote Access to the MCDU. Just before re-installing I did a flight with the MCDU still remotely working on V1.21. I checked the Configurator to have "Webserver" enabled and also did (of course) a reboot of the computer after the installation of V1.3. Anybody else seeing this? I cannot figure out what could be the culprit as the settings are absolutely identical to those previously used on V1.21.

Oskar

I just updated to SP3 and have no more Remote Access to the MCDU. Just before re-installing I did a flight with the MCDU still remotely working on V1.21. I checked the Configurator to have "Webserver" enabled and also did (of course) a reboot of the computer after the installation of V1.3. Anybody else seeing this? I cannot figure out what could be the culprit as the settings are absolutely identical to those previously used on V1.21.

Oskar

I'm also having a problem with the webserver.

Everything worked great with all previous versions. Now the webserver remote webpage works and reads data remotely from the airbus, but the MCDU link brings a MCDU that's stuck in the Database page of my previous install. The keys don't work and it can't sync with the airplane MCDU.

I should add that I'm using Prepar3d v2.5, with the webserver option enabled on the configurator and no firewall blocking of the MCDU webserver data.

This problem happens when accessing the provided IP with both an android tablet (that previously worked great) and on a normal browser window also with the very same symptoms.

Pedro

Further findings (presently using it on FSX only):

I finally got it working, however not the way I used before. I found that I always need to start the ConnectX Utility from the A318/319 folder. The utility in the A320/321 folder obviously does not work anymore. It also seems to be different to the one in the A318/319 folder (not sure however whether they were equal in the previous build - from a logical standpoint there's no reason why they shouldn't).

So as a present - temporary - solution: no matter what model you use (A318-321, I tested all) always use the ConnectX Utility from the A318/319 folder! That's at least how I got it working for me. Anybody confirm that?

Oskar

I will check that out for you Oskar, thank you for your report.

I can confirm the solution proposed. The ConnectX utility on the A319 folder works, but the one on the A320 doesn't.

Thanks, Oskar.

hi all

for me neither a318/19 nor 320/21 mcdu webserver functiun

in airbusextended text i can find into document folder i have this error continualy repeated :" Failed to open image file: C:\Users\fred\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\MCDU_Dspl.png."

thanks

Did you try to open it as admin?

Jonas

Hi Jonas

Yes of course all my addon are install in admin to avoid problem

in my case i don't found into airbus folder place in document folder" MCDU_Dspl.png"

Thank you guys for the solution; I also after downloading the new version from the download history page and installing it, couldn't manage to work with the web server and airbus x connect.

I'm a blind pilot and I need this utility to be able to fly this aircraft alongside of my co-pilot add on; It's only this aircraft which has this awesome feature!

Just applied the 1.30c Hotfix, and now the MCDU loads on the tablet, but the CDU screen is dark, and has no functionality. (I don't have the A318/319 so that work around is not an option.) Hopefully there's are proper fix in the works.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I completely removed version 1.3 and established version 1.21 with the last hotfix for it. In version 1.3 I didn't manage to force to work the left MCDU.

Jonas,
Tried configuring the firewall to allow Xconnect, but that did not work, turned off the firewall, and still no luck. Also found the thread Mathijs started http://forum.aerosof...bination-topic/ ,tried all of those soulotions, and still no luck. Something I did notice, when I start the Xconnect utility, and put my my mouse over the icon in the windows tray, the balloon that pops up, says "AirbusX Load Manager", not "Xconnect".

Tim

Archived