Alternative VC textures (darker, with wear)

D192

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but after I installed the textures the MCDU keys seem to have gone an interesting shape, with circles on the middle of them. Anyway, instead of describing it, here's some screenshots showing what I mean.

ModdedFMGStexturesincorrect.jpg

ModdedFMGStexturesincorrect2.jpg

Using P3D version 2.5, and 1.30 of the A32x, with the latest version of the textures from the download library.

All other textures fantastic by the way.

Thanks

Peter

Sorry, perhaps an error in my explanation. The middle of the keys in the MCDU have circles on them, for instance, on the first screenshot, take the V key as an example, it appears to be like this.

Vwithcircle.jpg

This is something that I didn't notice when running the bus without the darker textures. However, it could just be, as I said, that I didn't notice it before and I have only just seen it and it is actually perfectly normal.

Thanks

Peter.

Hi, I have just tried out the A321 for the first time with this modification and it looks great. The only problem is none of the lights work on the overhead panel when for instance I click on the APU. Does anyone know why?

• 2 weeks later...

The user known as Frost77 has created an alternative set of VC textures for the Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321. These textures use darker colours, which the creator feels are closer to the older Airbus flight deck colours. He's also added some minor wear and tear, in the form of some smudging and grime (mainly on the overhead panel).

Whilst I personally wouldn't use these full time (sometimes I like a newer, cleaner 'bus!), they do make a nice change when you're simulating flying an older Airbus A32X.

Here are some screenshots :-

110.jpg

111.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

(The new Overhead textures in particular look really good, with the added dirt and grime!).

You can download Frost77's alternative textures from this direct link :-

[i've removed the link, while we attempt to get permission from the author for these to be passed to Aerosoft, so they can be considered for availability, officially, within copyright considerations... thanks, David].

Installation

• Extract the Zip to a temporary folder.
  • Browse to either your Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base or your Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base folder (or both).
  • Make a back up of your Texture_Fallback_VC folder (eg.. rename it to Texture_Fallback_VC_backup).
  • From the extracted Zip File, copy the contents of the folder "Texture_Fallback_VC_ver3", and paste them into the Texture_Fallback_VC folder of either the A318/19 or A320/21.
  • Overwrite when prompted.

You can switch between the original VC textures and these modified ones, by 'toggling' the Texture_Fallback_VC folder, between this modified one, and the original that you have backed up.

This modification is fully compatible with the Airbus SP3 (v1.30) versions.

Enjoy!

Please tell me how to get the 'Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base' and 'Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base' ?

Hi, I have just tried out the A321 for the first time with this modification and it looks great. The only problem is none of the lights work on the overhead panel when for instance I click on the APU. Does anyone know why?

Hi, I have the same problem with the vc. The button lights don't work, they show up in a grey colour. And i have the problem, that my plane is in a night version at daylight. I can't turn it off.

post-131121-0-16323400-1436047313_thumb.

post-131121-0-45767100-1436047344_thumb.

post-131121-0-69933000-1436047368_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Thanks Frost77 for these textures, however I have an issue with them I believe.

My MCP has stayed the original colour but with HD writing, whereas by the looks of the screenshot that to should've darkened. Everything else has but the MCP hasn't. I have provided screenshots so you guys can see what I am talking about. All instructions have been followed precisely so I don't understand

Thanks

post-105305-0-86413600-1436791721_thumb.

post-105305-0-14058100-1436791730_thumb.

Anyone else having trouble downloading these textures?  I keep getting an error message stating "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted ..."  I'm trying this from this page: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3446-aerosoft-airbus-high-definition-virtual-cockpit-textures-from-frost77/

Still doesn't work for me...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75962814 bytes) in /var/www/forum.aerosoft.com/system/Http/Request/Sockets.php on line 179

No way, still this answer:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75962814 bytes) in /var/www/forum.aerosoft.com/system/Http/Request/Sockets.php on line 179

Thank you Fabian for looking into this

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to download the file but i got this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75962814 bytes) in /var/www/forum.aerosoft.com/system/Http/Request/Sockets.php on line 179

Archived