Alternative VC textures (darker, with wear)

D192

Frost77...Great work and DavidR thanks for bringing this to us ;)

Just wanna ask about 2 files in the unzipped folder "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C" and "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L"

Any usage for them? will they be replaced somewhere?

yeah, you should copy and replace them in your livery texture folder.

I think, we need to add some instructions for users :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well...for some reason it is not working on my p3d 2.5...I feel no change...plus the registration panel is no longer existing

if internet helps me I will post some photos for my before and after

well...for some reason it is not working on my p3d 2.5...I feel no change...plus the registration panel is no longer existing

if internet helps me I will post some photos for my before and after

every texture supplied with it's own main panel texture with registration/selcal.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Which files/folders to replace/copy and how to get the license plates back?

If you read above you'll find that Frost77 wrote already yesterday about the need of a small instruction.

yeah, you should copy and replace them in your livery texture folder.

I think, we need to add some instructions for users :)

Maybe you give him just a little bit more time?

I'll change that for you, tell me the exact text you'd like to have.

Ok.

Mod Name: Aerosoft Airbus High Definition Virtual Cockpit Textures from Frost77

Installation Instructions:

1. Copy and Paste "Texture_Fallback_VC" folder to your flight simulator folder: FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base

2. Copy and Paste two files "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_C" and "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_L" to your livery folder, e.g.: Texture.AirBerlin_D-ABMS

3. It'very important! Open with notepad fsx.cfg file. It's location: C:\Users\UserNamet\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and replace:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

to

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

Have a nice Flight!

Thanks, wishes and comments e-mail to: chip_ok@mail.ru

Just a little update, we expanded it a little bit to make sure nobody screws his sim up! Your text is still in :)

Is there a chance you could make an ultra-worn cockpit like e.g. the following image?

I know it doesn't totally apply for airbuses but look at this throttle:

1581912.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good work! Is this only for A320/21 or is for all A318/19 included?

The first sentence within the first post in this topic answers your question ;)

Is there a chance you could make an ultra-worn cockpit like e.g. the following image?

I know it doesn't totally apply for airbuses but look at this throttle:

Everything is possible. But I don't understand, why do you need ultra-worn cockpit? It looks very unrealistic :)

I remember the bewilderment of people when my weathered cockpit mod was first released.

It is quite hard work and if you need such ultra-worn cockpit, we can discuss it personaly.

You would hardly find a thrid generation AIrbus as ours as weathered as that poor MD11.

Yes it's true. In this case, I have to include all my imagination and designer skills:)

I wish you would do the same for the PMDG 747

Firstly, PMDG do not accept modifying their files and treat it as copyright violation.

Secondly, they are working on the new 747, and the VC textures will certainly be top notch.

Gents,

I am really sorry but I had to hide Frost77s PMDG pictures.

PMDG have stated that they don't allow changing of their VC textures and as we are a reseller of PMDG products we have to defend their positions.
Therefore the Aerosoft forums may not serve as a base for showcasting such modifications or even sharing them.

I know many of you apprechiate these changes, but as long as PMDG doesn't allow them we can't allow them either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

first of all thanks a lot for the textures Frost77 they are really awesome! But I have a small issue with the a321 overhead panel because it is not replaced with the new textures. It only occures with the a321 overhead panel the rest of it and all the other plane are fine.. I`m pretty sure that I did everything right on the installation (I actually did it twice just to make sure) but it`s still the same..

Does anybody has the same problem and/or a solution for it?

Archived