Engine Oscillation SP3

Hello,

Have just installed SP3 following the guidelines in the other thread i.e uninstalling SP2 and have found that I have the same engine oscillation problem that was apparent before the hotfix.

In fact its a lot worse. This is the second test flight that I am making in the A319 IAE model with ASN. I have been at my cruising level for 75nm now and the engines are still oscillating between 1.2 EPR and 1.4 EPR, Throttles are correctly in the CLB setting.

Exactly the same problem in the other test flight an hour or so ago, even at a lower altitude, i.e FL070 on a SID when the aircraft is not climbing or descending the throttles are oscillating the whole time which frankly makes it pretty unflyable.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Am I best applying an hold hotfix to solve the issue?

Regards,

Owen

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Have just installed SP3 following the guidelines in the other thread i.e uninstalling SP2 and have found that I have the same engine oscillation problem that was apparent before the hotfix.

In fact its a lot worse. This is the second test flight that I am making in the A319 IAE model with ASN. I have been at my cruising level for 75nm now and the engines are still oscillating between 1.2 EPR and 1.4 EPR, Throttles are correctly in the CLB setting.

Exactly the same problem in the other test flight an hour or so ago, even at a lower altitude, i.e FL070 on a SID when the aircraft is not climbing or descending the throttles are oscillating the whole time which frankly makes it pretty unflyable.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Am I best applying an hold hotfix to solve the issue?

Regards,

Owen

Same here with A320 IAE and very poor performance with A321 IAE at takeoff.

Best.

Miquel.

post-27390-0-68162700-1428942187_thumb.j

Same issue here in both the CFM & IAE versions of the A320 and noticeably worse than in v1.21, other buses not tried yet. Using FSX with FSX weather theme set to 'Fair Weather'.

Andy L

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am the only beta tester on the team that also has these problems now and then. I use FSX SE and sofar it looks like only the FSX users see this.

Let's see if we can pinpoint this problem and correct it. And let's keep this topic confined to oscillations please.

Hi Aerosoft,

Thanks for the new update, but alas the A319 both version is oscillating very badly.

Using ASN weather and this FSX no issue with FPS.

Many Thanks

Hello.

I have the same issue. I fly A320 IAE and the plane oscilating many times just before cruising altitude FL360. I have locked 30 FPS. Weather - OPUSFSX.

Unzip and place in YourSim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_AP or YourSim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_AP

This will reduce the sensitivity of the ATHR on the IAE engines to turbulence.

ATHR.zip

I can confirm this. CFM A319 N1 is oscillating between 40 and 80% all the time when using ATHR (no weather set).

No stable flight possible for me :(

Framerate is awesome though. I am on FSX SP2.

I'm very annoyed of all the problems that happen after every single service pack...How is it possible that these huge problems don't happen to beta testers but seem to affect so many customers? The Airbus is now -once again- completely unflyable

I am the only beta tester on the team that also has these problems now and then. I use FSX SE and sofar it looks like only the FSX users see this.

Let's see if we can pinpoint this problem and correct it. And let's keep this topic confined to oscillations please.

;)

for all ASN User, try to set Turbulence Effect Scale to 20% or 30%

I have the same issue here as well - using FSX:SE. Had no problems with 1.21, everything was fine.

Made a short turn on OMDB, created a flight plan during approach, set up everything (ILS, etc.), activated ATHR and the oscillation started as soon as target speed was reached (oscillating between 20% to 80%). Aircraft was fully loaded (95% fuel), had about 190ktns while activating ATHR with 160ktns target speed, Flaps 1, 4000ft over ground. Weather: Fair weather (default theme).

(I know, not very realistic, but I didn't care much about it :-) ). Framerate was between 15 and 20 FPS (playing on old gaming laptop).

BTW: the performance was really improved since 1.21 - thank you for that. But with this bug flying is not really possible.

Edit:

To fullfill the questions above:

- Sim Version: FSX:SE

- WX Addons: none in use

- wind and turbulence settings: fair weather theme

- aircraft type: A320

- engine type: IAE

- any positive change with Joshua's Fix: will try it a bit later - have to eat something first :-)

-I'm using ASN but it happens with clear FSX weather.

-I have tried with A320 CFM

-Same attitude with Joshua's Fix. Engine spool up and down rapidly in order to maintain speed.

Archived