Maastricht Aachen Airport not suitable for Prepar3D v2.5?

As I live very close to Maastricht Aachen Airport (EHBK) I was delighted to see the Aerosoft Maastricht X product suitable for Prepar3D.

However after purchasing and installing the airport still looks as the original Prepar3D airport.

After starting to search for answers I read on this forum that Maastricht-X is not for Prepar3D v2.5 (nor v2.4)

Personally I think this is very misleading information onthe product info.

If it is mentioned that the product runs on Prepar3D without making any restrictions about a version it simply should run on all versions.

I would appreciate it highly if Aerosoft fixes the problem for Prepar3d versions 2.4 and 2.5 or give a full refund.

Regards, Rob van Bodegom

Dear Rob,

the airport is fully compatible with Prepar3D.

Prepar3D is the name of the simulator it is compatible with. Prepar3Dv2 is another simulator. Lockheed Martin has definatly choosen a bad name for their second simulator as the difference is about the same is the difference between FSX and FS9, but that's how it is.

At the time Maastricht was released there wasn't even Prepar3Dv2 around.

Changing the system requirements after a product was released is always very problematic.

You can either install using the Estonia Migration Tool (available for about 10€ on simmarket) or the Russian Migration Tool (freeware on avsimrus).

Still it is very misleading of Aerosoft not to mention that the product does not run on P3d v2.4 or P3dv2.5

From a legal point of view Aerosofts situation is very weak on this.

Regards, Rob

Not really Aerosoft's problem as it says in the system requirements if it is Prepar3d V2 compatible. I think you were just unlucky that you bought it without looking.

I don't think so.

I did not purchased this product without looking as you mention.

If the product says compatible with Prepar3D without mentioning that that only applies to older P3D version whilst knowing that the product will not run on Prepar3D versions 2.x that is misleading the public.

The money involved may be little but misleading is misleading

Rob van Bodegom

If you have a look at Heathrow, Djerba, Oslo and Dublin they all specifically that they are compatible with V2 so if I come across a product that only says compatible with Prepar3d then I would assume they are talking about V1 and do more research to find out if it was V2 compatible, but that's just me.

Archived