WISH: Route Finder - enter DESIRED Airways/more than 2 VIA-points

Dear PFPX-Team,

PFPX is such a nice tool, hard to imagine not using it for any serious virtual flight. Thanks for that and your

ongoing support!!!

Now, I have a suggestion which should probably be easy to be implemented:

On the route finder page, we have the chance to enter 2 VIA-Points to form a desired route.

Below there is a huge field where we can enter Routes/Waypoints to AVOID.

But often, I would like to generate a route by entering more than 2 VIA-Points or even a specific airway - without

having to exclude other routes (a much more complicated way of getting to my desired route).

Would it not be easy to let us decide (e.g. by a small box we can tick) that all those Routes/Waypoints we enter in the huge field should not be avoided but - the opposite - be taken into account by the Route Finder to get to the desired route?

So that we can say: Take me from EDDF to VABB via SULUS, BALAP, KUGOS...(as many as needed) or use UL620, G208 and let PFPX chose all other airways in between.

Thanks and best regards,

Ron

I had a similar situation planning flights from the UK to the Canaries and vice versa, using Airway T16 as in real life (cheaper nav charges...) I created a route using the build function then saved my routes, e.g. GCTSEGNX1. In future if I'm flying the route again I can use my saved route.

This doesn't really work though for routes using NAT Tracks et al, as the route varies too much. In this situation you'd have to do it how they do it in real life and build the route on a per flight basis.

But often, I would like to generate a route by entering more than 2 VIA-Points or even a specific airway - without

having to exclude other routes (a much more complicated way of getting to my desired route).

Would it not be easy to let us decide (e.g. by a small box we can tick) that all those Routes/Waypoints we enter in the huge field should not be avoided but - the opposite - be taken into account by the Route Finder to get to the desired route?

So that we can say: Take me from EDDF to VABB via SULUS, BALAP, KUGOS...(as many as needed) or use UL620, G208 and let PFPX chose all other airways in between.

Thanks and best regards,

Ron

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that's already possible to some extent.

Example 1: I want to build a route from SBGL to EHAM that contains the airway UN891 between GOMER and BIMBO. I can enter "AUTO+ GOMER UN891 BIMBO AUTO+" or "AUTO GOMER UN891 BIMBO AUTO" and PFPX will find a route from SBGL to GOMER and from BIMBO to EHAM.

Example 2: I want to build a route from EDDF to VABB via SULUS, BALAP, and KUGOS. I can enter:

"AUTO SULUS AUTO BALAP AUTO KUGOS AUTO" or "AUTO+ SULUS AUTO+ BALAP AUTO+ KUGOS AUTO+"

PFPX will now find a route from EDDF to SULUS, from SULUS to BALAP, from BALAP to KUGOS and from KUGOS to VABB. In fact, using AUTO it found:

SULUS UZ650 BALAP DCT NARKA UZ650 REBLA UM977 ADINA L851 KUGOS UL851 TBN UP146 ARI UL223 DASIS R660 TBZ UM573 TRN G208 PG G210 KC A791 TELEM G210 BOFIN POKO1B

while using AUTO+ (and wind optimized route) it found:

SULUS UZ650 BALAP DCT NARKA UZ650 REBLA UM977 ADINA L851 KUGOS UM860 CRM UM688 ULTED UT36 DERIL UG8 ALRAM UT36 KAPES UL223 MESVI W3 SYZ UP574 SITEN W10 MELMI L430 VAXIM L301 NOBAT L505 EXOLU POKO1B

Archived