MALLORCA X EVOLUTION

top1nice1sorted

Help needed installing Mallorca X Evolution for FSX standard version.

Hi, I have recently purchased Mallorca x Evolution for FSX standard version and I purchased the update version as I am already an owner of the original Mallorca X. I installed it the standard way all Aerosoft sceneries are installed. Before doing this I uninstalled the original scenery. I didn't know if this was the right thing to do but I just guessed. I loaded up the scenery and to my surprise it was the FSX default scenery. I tried to add the two folders manually to see if this works but it didn't. In fact when Ii went back into the scenery folder the two files had disappeared completely. So I tried again after uninstalling Evolution I installed my old Mallorca with update 1.1 and then installed Evolution. during the installation I had a message to say the old Mallorca will now be disabled. I continued to install the scenery and loaded up a flight from LEPA and still had the default FSX scenery. So I schecked the FSX scenery folder within the game and there were no evolution scenery files there. However they are in the aerosoft folder in windows 7. I'm getting quite frustrated now and just want to be able to use this add on. Can anyone help?

Also:

1. How did you uninstall the old Mallorca? Use the Windows Control Panel for that if possible and restart Windows.

2. In case of scenery (un)installing/order problems (happen to most of us from time to time) try using the excellent freeware Scenery Config Editor: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Thank you for your response. I used the windows control panel to uninstall old scenery (Mallorca x) and the computer only has one user which is the administrator. I will try the link you left me and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Archived