Flickering textures at Oslo

WebMaximus

Maybe I should have started my own thread instead, posted my question/issue over here as well

I have a problem with lots of texture flickering using the latest version of Oslo in P3Dv2.5. Looking at the product page it says the scenery is compatible with FSX and P3D and maybe that's the problem that it's only compatible with P3D and not P3Dv2?

This is what it looks like and spoils quite a bit of the fun at this otherwise so beautiful airport scenery.

If there's a solution to this I would love to hear about it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have just installed Oslo into my freshly installed P3D v2.5 and can confirm the flickering.

Before with P3D v2.4 I hadn't had that problem. Looks like LM broke again some compatibility :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently a fix is available which I learned about thanks to a nice guy over in LM's forums who was kind enough to point it out to me which was great considering all the help we've got so far from Aerosoft in this thread...

Here's the link to the fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange enough the issue seemed to be fixed after applying the fix but now the issue is back again unfortunately and I even tried re-applying the fix.

This is what it looks like after applying the fix. I really hope Jo can have another look into this because seeing this flickering really does spoil much of the fun flying into Oslo.

Hey WebMaximus - do you have ClipMode = Normal in the camera def for the VC view you are using?

Yep, it's in there but to no avail in this case unfortunately.

Same here as discussed above and looking at Aerosoft's system requirements for this product it says...

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v1 or v2)

...so I hope Aerosoft will brake the silience soon. Still not a single word since my first post back in March...not very impressive.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived