Aerosoft MADEIRA Problem - Corruption when FSXSE...

jcomm

Yesterday I had to install FSXSE twice because of a problem caused during install of AEROSOFT MADEIRA.

I downloaded the latest installer from my account, had just FSXSE installed with DX10 mode by Steve's Fixer, and ORBX FTX Global, and then proceeded to install MADEIRA.

I was surprised to find out that installer now already had an option for FSXSE, and I chose that one.

When I moved to LPMA, there was no scenery at all - NADA!

Tried everything that I found suggested to fix corrupted scenery installs, including the uninstall and re-install of the scenery, but never recovered.

I decided to re-install FSX SE, after cleaning all of the footprints the previous install had left on my rig.

1) Installed FSXSE and moved to LPMA - it was there OK

2) Applied Steve's DX10 Fixer, LPMS was still there

3) Applied ORBX FTX Global - still no problems with LPMA

4) Installed Aerosoft MADEIRA - bummer !!!! No more LPMA :(

5) Uninstalled Aerosoft MADEIRA - bummer!!! No LPMA :(

6) Became a bit more astute and installed again, this turn around not using the new FSXSE option, but rather saying I was installing into plain FSX ( first installer option of the 3 available ) - IT WORKED !!!!!!

So.... unless my system is really weird, if you are installing AEROSOFT MADEIRA into FSXSE, with the latest installer, DON'T CHOOSE THE NEW FSXSE installer option!!! Apparently it is bugged!!!

• Aerosoft

Hey,

did you run your installer with admin rights whilst installing it with the FSX:SE option? Did you make sure that the airport is ticked in the scenery library?

Jonas

Yes for both Jonas.

And on my 2nd FSX:SE install, and not in the mood to go through a 3rd install, I simply decided to re-install, over the FSX:SE install ticking the FSX option - didn't even uninstall first - and it worked!

This turn around I was sure it was the aerosoft installer who did the mess, not ORBX FTX Global or Steve's Fixer, because I made sure I installed Aerosoft Madeira first.

• 4 months later...

This has to be the most problematic scenery ever released it's beautiful when it's working but is a right pain when it's not and sadly it very rarely works as it should, it ideally it ought to be revamped.

Archived