P3D Madeira and GSX on others.

JSilva

For some reason in P3D v2, the aircraft loads underneath the scenery instead of on it (as in I'm 150ft under what I'm suppose to be). The only way to correct it is to go to Map and put myself in 160ft. This problem doesn't occur in FSX Gold and Steam Editions. Also, GSX vehicles is underneath the scenery rather than on it as well (all platforms).

EDIT: Here are the images of the problems. The top shows there I loaded from the beginning (P3D v2.5 only). The bottom image shows that after increasing my altitude via World/Map and went to gate A3, it shows the GSX vehicles under where it suppose to be (and come to think of it, that is the same altitude as I initially loaded) (all platforms).2q2h94z.jpg

f2ojys.jpg

Hello,

which other addons do you use?

Jonas

I use ORBX FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC EU. In case you ask if I have AEC disabled for Madeira, it was disabled. The problem didn't happen on FSX Gold Edition (AEC is also disabled there). As for Steam Edition, I don't have any ORBX sceneries on it to begin with. As for GSX, the problem is on all platforms (FSX Gold Edition, FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3D v2.5 with the 12944 hotfix). I don't use a mesh addon as of now (I'm planning to get FS Global 2010). I also use Active Sky Next and REX4 Texture Direct + Soft Clouds. I added the screenshots for these two problems at the original post.

EDIT: I have another problem to report. There seem to be blurries near the entrance of runway 5 on all platforms (the are missing yellow lines but the problem is only with P3D v2 as FSX Gold Edition shows yellow lines but there are still blurries). This is taken in P3D v2.5 when I have to go to World/Map to increase my altitude to 160ft. The configurations are different between FSX Gold Edition, FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3D v2.5.2uoswux.jpg

Here are my configurations for all platforms. FSX Gold Edition uses a TML of 2048, LOD is 4.5 and FFTF is at 0.2. FSX Steam Edition uses a TML of 4096, LOD is 4.5 and FFTF is 0.2. P3D v2 uses a TML of 4096, LOD is 6.5 but the FFTF is at 0.33. Texture resolution is at 7cm and Mesh resolution is at 5m (an all platforms). Antistrophic is on at 16x (all platforms). FSX Gold Edition and FSX Steam Edition is on DirectX 10 with the help of the SteveFX DirectX 10 Fixer (I'm doughtful that it was the cause because P3D (which is in DX11) has the texture problem too). I don't use AI Traffic (only cars, boats and etc but no aircraft AI). Bufferpools are used for all but P3D v2.5 (Usepools=0 on FSX Gold and Steam Editions). I tested it with Bufferpools removed but there is no difference.

I kind of already saw the post. But thanks anyway. If the AFCAD is lower than it was suppose to be, GSX will show at the wrong altitude due to the AFCAD being incorrect. Not to forget the mesh is 150ft under the taxiways and gates while only the runway mesh is correctly at 160ft. I wonder if P3D loads in a different way compared to FSX Gold and Steam Editions (as in loads on mesh rather than the intended altitude).

I have discovered this while searching for light fixes on the same page:

http://simmershome.de/madeira-fuer-p3d-v2-fix/

Maybe it helps.

Thanks for the link but I don't like to lose the photoscenery for Madeira (but it can help with the mesh issues).

Because the apron is a physical object rather than actual mesh with textures, GSX vehicles will not appear on the right altitude (due to the AFCAD) and P3D v2 loads on the mesh rather than the object.

I'm still wondering the reason why I couldn't see the yellow line in P3D only. First, we have loading under taxiways and aprons in P3D v2.5 with 12944 hotfix, GSX is in the wrong altitude and now, we have missing taxi lines. Maybe Madeira X doesn't like P3D v2.5 with 12944 hotfix for some reason.

I just purchased FS Global 2010 FTX Edition yesterday and installed it into both FSX Gold Edition, FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3D v2.5. I now use it as my mesh addon.

With that, while I got better mesh, it doesn't change anything in Madeira (obviously (I used the flattening tool and AEC is still off for Madeira)). I still have problems with GSX (all platforms) and Prepar3D v2.5 loading below the apron and taxiway.

In another thread at this forum I also report similar problems, including total mesh corruption and total absence of scenery when installing Madeira in FSXSE

I only have FSXSE, and was forced to re-install it before I understood that it was the latest installer for Madeira that was causing the corruption.

On my 2nd install I didn't install ORBX FTX Global before Madeira, and as soon as I installed Madeira, I got the corruption. There is a new option for FSX:SE in the installer, and I believe that's the source of the bug!

I found out that reinstalling, without uninstalling, but using the FSX option solves the problem ...

Strange, and I hope it get's fixed.

I only have FSX:SE on my rig, running in DX10 mode.

In another thread at this forum I also report similar problems, including total mesh corruption and total absence of scenery when installing Madeira in FSXSE

I only have FSXSE, and was forced to re-install it before I understood that it was the latest installer for Madeira that was causing the corruption.

On my 2nd install I didn't install ORBX FTX Global before Madeira, and as soon as I installed Madeira, I got the corruption. There is a new option for FSX:SE in the installer, and I believe that's the source of the bug!

I found out that reinstalling, without uninstalling, but using the FSX option solves the problem ...

Strange, and I hope it get's fixed.

I only have FSX:SE on my rig, running in DX10 mode.

That's strange because I didn't have any mesh corruptions when using FSX Steam Edition. Although I have ORBX FTX Global BASE, VECTOR and OpenLC EU, neither were installed to Steam Edition (because I have Gold Edition). Only FS Global 2010 FTX Edition is installed to Steam Edition (at the time I made the topic, I didn't have any mesh products). I use DX10 as well (with the SteveFX DX10 Fixer).

My only problems are mainly at P3D (one of them is on all Platforms). In P3D, I load 150ft under due to the mesh (the apron and taxiways are just objects), GSX Vehicles didn't appear at the correct altitude (again, because of the mesh (unlike the loading issue, this is in all Platforms)) and in P3D only, the taxiway line near the entrance to Runway 5 doesn't appear.

I installed a new hotfix for P3D v2.5 but nothing changed. About the texture, I started to notice that the colouring looks off. It now looks grayer rather than being black like the taxiway. Compared to FSX Gold Edition, the texture colouring isn't off but still blurry. The taxiway lines are still cut off in P3D v2.5 while in FSX, the lines are still present.331m6fa.jpg119newj.jpg

Archived