Bingo Warning ???

JR1Wingnut

New to Aerosoft and the F-14. I have a number of issues. one is that I have ran out of fuel twice with no warning when I hit Bingo ????? and there is no stall warning other then the buffeting. should there be some sort of alert ?????

Set the bingo bug on the fuel quantity display, BINGO light will come on caution/advisory panel. L or R FUEL LOW will also bring on a associated light around 1000lbs remaining.

Correct, you set the BINGO bug, no audio like more modern aircraft, but then again you would have a RIO telling you as well.

Which model are you flying? If you are getting nothing it could be a bug.

For the stall, are you at least getting the default FS stall warning?

well seems I have most of the bugs worked out........only after re-booting the hole thing 4 or was it 5 times???? I don't know. I'm glad I only had 4 free models. think there was one of them that the cat didn't like lol.

but hay I still get no bingo warning. I did get the light on the panel by my left elbow..... but only after passing bingo then after pressing the master warning. I would think that at bingo you should get the light on the left panel and the master warning should start flashing ?

on the stall warning do you get a horn or just the buffeting wind ?

oh to answer your question, the f-14 I prefer the B model.

Confirmed on the bingo in the B model. I set 12000lbs as bingo, dumped down to see if the bingo caution would bring on the master caution. Initially nothing, reset master caution and reset bingo bug to 11000lbs to re-check. Dump remained on as I passed 11k, this time got the bingo caution on the caution/advisory panel, no associated master caution.

yeah that needs work. just watched top gun and in the first scene after there mig encounter they return to the ship low on fuel. the fuel gauge is flashing red and is beeping.

now in the sim world if a light on that warning panel lights up the master warning should start flashing to bring your attention to it....at least wouldn't you think????

yeah that needs work. just watched top gun and in the first scene after there mig encounter they return to the ship low on fuel. the fuel gauge is flashing red and is beeping.

now in the sim world if a light on that warning panel lights up the master warning should start flashing to bring your attention to it....at least wouldn't you think????

"The quantity measurement system uses dualelement,

capacitance-type fuel probes to provide the
flightcrew with a continuous display of fuel quantity
remaining. Fuel thermistor devices and caution light
displays provide a backup fuel low-level indicating
system, independent of the capacitance-type gauging
system. Additionally, the pilot is provided with a bingo
set capability on the fuel quantity indicator to preset the
total quantity level for activation of a BINGO caution
light."
"A test of the bingo set device can be obtained concurrently with the
INST test by setting the bingo level at greater than 2,000
pounds. In this case, the BINGO caution light will
illuminate when the totalizer reading decreases to a
value less than the bingo setting."
From the F14AAP-1 F-14-B NATOPS Flight Manual. It would appear there is only a caution light associated with a bingo fuel indication.

There is no beep in the real A/C, however, the master caution button should start flashing as soon as the bingo light goes on, which it doesnt in the F-14X. Maybe we see that patched in the future

I hope so, ran out of gas chasing the tanker around. Wow that's tough, going to need a lot of work with that. had I had some warning I could have at least headed to the boat or found an airport. Glad its just a sim.

• 3 weeks later...

well the only sound I hear when I stall it is the buffeting wind and when you look at the altimeter your dropping like a stone. I cant say for sure if the real tom's had a buzzer or not but you would think so ?

Let me find a link about Top Gun vs. reality and the many mistakes in the movie, so I would not use that as a reference. For your stall warning, nothing in NATOPS, only the stall warning on the AoA indicator, the rest is buffet as the AoA begins to increase. I looked over the functional checkflight (FCF) procedures to see if there even is a check for any form of stall warning...nothing. In the aircraft I fly we do have a check, but then again I do not have a AoA indicator. The later models w/ DFCS would have a rudder pedal shaker w/ the gear down.

So, try to "feel" the aircraft towards the stall, by then your man. flaps should be out along with the aircraft flying like poop or "rubber dog s__" per your movie reference.

Well maybe the cat they used in the move was the F-14D Super cat..lol I don't know. I still love flying this bird....now that I have fixed the short between the seat and the stick......

Archived