How to reload saved flight for Airbus X after CTD

Aquaman885

If this has been asked before I apologize but I couldn't find that topic. I'm wondering how everyone handles this situation; how do you restart a saved flight that was in progress when a crash to desktop (CTD) occurred. Here's my issue. I have a registered version of FSUIPC that saves a flight every 10 minutes. When I have a CTD and fire FSX back up and load that saved flight everything loads back up but then drops into my default state which is cold and dark.

Now I'd like to keep that default state because I start new flights way more often than I have to reload a saved flight, that was mid-flight from a CTD (thank goodness), but this causes a few problems. After it loads to cold and dark I have no flight controls, etc. and start to slowly fall out of the sky. I have to fire up the APU to start the engines because I can't perform a steep descent to restart my engines with no flight controls (which shut down when it resets to cold and dark). I also have to reload my flight plan and every other setting while slowly falling out of the sky. While this is annoying it is recoverable so long as the save point was at a high enough altitude. However, this is where the other major problem comes in. The MCDU2 will not allow you to reenter your load data (pax, cargo, or fuel ... particularly fuel) leaving you with very little default fuel to try to complete your flight.

So with these issues in mind what do you suggest or how do you handle a reload after a CTD with the Airbus 318/19/20/21? is there a way I'm missing to reload fuel? Is there a way to bypass the default state for a reload such as this (perhaps a temporary change to a config setting)?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

Take a look here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88751-problem-to-saveload-panel-states/?hl=%2Bsaved+%2Bflight#entry635499

It is important that you load a normal free flight before you load the saved game, I usually start a flight with the default BE58 and it always works. Also read post 16 in the above thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88751-problem-to-saveload-panel-states/?hl=%2Bsaved+%2Bflight#entry635499

It is important that you load a normal free flight before you load the saved game, I usually start a flight with the default BE58 and it always works. Also read post 16 in the above thread.

Thanks Nemlig

Archived