Using Downloaded Aircraft Templates

Hey guys, this may be an obvious question and rest assured that I did as much forum searching as possible before posting but to no avail. I downloaded a template for a B60 Duke, copied all the text into a .txt file, and saved it into PFPX Data/AircraftTypes/ but I am so far unable to find it on the aircraft drop down list. Is there a crucial step that I have missed?

I'm hopeless.

Either would be nice. I copied the txt file to both the aircraft types and aircraft templates folder but the template isn't showing in pfpx.

The problem isn't I don't know how to create an aircraft, the problem is I can't create an aircraft of a specific type whose template I downloaded.

With the file available from the Aerosoft downloads page and placed in \Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes the model becomes available when selecting New Aircraft from the aircraft manager tab:

post-5872-0-26813700-1425285356_thumb.jp

There it is! I was putting the file into the PFPX install folder instead of the My Documents/ folder.

That solved it, thank you Stephen.

Archived