I have easy made my own Airbus sidestick if you want to see how :)

Hello :)

I ONLY fly the airbus from Aerosoft, and own Saitek quadrant throttle, CH products pedals ,VR Insight FCU, Buttkicker and TrackIR.

But always wanted something looks like an real Airbus sidestick.

I had a Saitek F.L.Y 5 .. think it was very hard and difficult and not smooth to make a manuel flight.

I checked a lot of reviews for different joysticks.. I did not want to spend 200 dollars for Thrustmaster warhog or 1200 dollars for another real sidestick I found at the internet.

Many good previews said Thrustmaster 16000, and cost only about 35 dollars, I decided to try that...And what a choice- very smooth.. Now I think maybe its too easy to fly the bus :) so easy and gently..

Set sensitive to the top and null zone to 0.

Then I got an Idea... wanted to give give it a try to rebuild it , so its look like a real Airbus sidestick... I did, and very happy with the result compared to my own skills, and what I have expected :)

I googled " Shift Boot" found something at Amazon and ordered..It cost 8 dollar, Then I spray painted it with a grey colour.

The negative about the Thrushmaster at the reviews: It have a green light lighting up, when moving the stick- I found an exactly manual at the internet to turn it completely off.

Take out easy 6 screws, and remove the top from bottom of the joystick - then cut a red wire, very easy- no more green light.

I also put 2 screws through the bottom of the stick, and through the office table, only use the table for my my simulator, thats my Flightdeck) So it stays hard to the table, when moving around the stick.

5 small screws through the Shift boot into the joystick, so it will be on its place :)

Very happy with the result.. If you wonder the gamepad at the table, thats for the tiller, I dont want to twist with my Stick, like in the real world.

Chris from Denmark :)

post-26061-0-34167900-1424796157_thumb.j

post-26061-0-60690800-1424796163_thumb.j

post-26061-0-95634000-1424796170_thumb.j

you've got me hooked ... all of you, i want to adapt my logitech joystick !!

i'm guessing that:

if you use a 3DPRO or an ATK3, you waste the existing grip & the routec fits somehow on the inside shaft (you lose the twist axis in the former).

the buttons & wiring of the routec are USB compatible and replace / connect to saved button wiring of the original grip (some soldering required)

sounds good to me if that's it ........... are there any instructions about to further help.

cheers

john

Slightly off topic... I have been curious about that FCU you have on the 1st pic. I thought it was way bigger. I dont have a whole lot of space but I'd love to upgrade the flying experience.

Would you recommend buying it?

Sorry for veering off topic here

Cheers!

Slightly off topic... I have been curious about that FCU you have on the 1st pic. I thought it was way bigger. I dont have a whole lot of space but I'd love to upgrade the flying experience.

Would you recommend buying it?

Sorry for veering off topic here

Cheers!

I see you are using the Winnipeg Jets Logo. Go Jets...........

http://www.simw.com/catalog/product/view/id/6017/s/mcp-combo-airbus-type-fcu/category/3/

Nice!

If you wish to spend some (comparably small) money you should check this one out: http://routech.ro/index.php/sidesticks/airbus-318-380

That's what I use. Quite easy to mount to most sticks and feels great!

I'm curious now. Emi would you mind running through with us how the installation was done?

I may get one routech for my Attack 3 and wanna know what to expect.

To CRIV:

I only fly Airbus, and I can´t fly without that FCU hardware anymore. Its a fantastic product.

And now its 100% working with LINDA(software that makes every knob and button exactly programmed for the Airbus from Aerosoft)

Think the FCU is high end product.

If you spend lot of time with your sim and really are you hobby.. Then I can really recommend it it :)

Chris from Denmark

Archived