Automatic Follow Me and Gate

A few years ago, I used to fly....a LOT.

Back then (FS9, Win XP), I had some method of setting up a flight that also told AES what my arrival gate was so I never did have to use the AES window after I touched down.

For the life of me, I can't remember how I did it.....or with what flight plan.

Can anyone give me a helping hand here??

Hi, Mike!

Actually you don't have to tell AES which stand/gate you are going to go to after landing.

When you arrive at the chosen one and set parking brakes, your aircraft will be served anyway.

However, if you want to be guided by the follow me car, you will then have to use the AES window.

That's what I was saying!

I never had to use the window.

Somehow, AES knew which gate I was going to and all I had to do was pull off the runway and there was li'l fiendly (Spellinig error intentional), truck which would then take me right to the gate I wanted.

Now, granted, I'm pretty sure this wouldn't happen on the first visit to a particular airport but I'm tellin' you it did happen on airports I had been to with regularity.

I'm now thinking that it has to be some flight plan or combo of flight plan and VATSIM or SOMETHING like that.

I remember being able to save a flight at the end, parked at the gate and the next time I went to do that flight, I could start at the beginning of the flight and go all the way through.

I think I just gotta find out how I did that and at least that part of FS will be back to something tolerable.

Thanks for trying.

Archived