Orly and Zurich airports - only 1 runway active? :(

OverlordCZ

Hello!

Is there any work-around to get more runways active? Zurich has 3 RWYs but in the config.exe I can pick only one runway. And it does not reflect the weather data from mine weather software in real time. So I can choose e.g. wind from SW or from NW or normal 16/34 but nothing more.

It cost some 25-27€ x2 (orly and zurich) and I have airports which looks amazing but the functionality is really bad :(

I found topic on your forum where somebody pointed out that the Zurich has 1 active runway only. I'am disappointed with it, for me its more important (reality) than the visual quality. I had to switch back to freeware LSZH with CW runway and all 3 runways are active when they have a headwind. Its old scenery so I dont have the RNAV approaches and I dont have ILS for RWY 28. So nothing is excellent but it's good enough. Shame that I cant mix your great visuals with the afcad runway_CW file.

Same problem with ORLY.

You said that you cant do anything about it.So I think you could write it to the product description that you will get nice airport but with one active runway only.Maybe you could focus on airports which have 1 runway only or make simply better airports (visually) and let the community create afcad files which work with your software. If the game on the specific airport will become laggy you cant be blamed because you would create better graphics only and everyone would have the choice.

Do I want airport which looks great? × Do I want airports which looks great with more active runways and will have more laggy game?

Thanks

Simply said active runway for me = runway where planes take off and land. In case of Zurich

For example Zurich airport has 3 runways and 2 runways are always active (planes land/take off) from/on them. With the AE Zurich airport scenery I have always only 1 RWY active - I cant choose another. I was flying to Zurich and doing some touch and go's yesterday in my fsx and runways 14 and 16 had headwind runway 10 was between cross/head wind. With AE Zurich scenery ATC assigned me RWY 14 and I cant select different runway. Then I unninstaled the AE Zurich scenery and replace it by freeware LSZH scenery and suddenly I got runway 10 assigned and I could choose from RWYS 14 and 16 too..

I do believe these files are called afcad or something like that and as I said I used the afcad file with AE Zurich scenery and I had 1 runway from 3 too.

Looks like you are using the default MFS ATC which, if you care about reality (you wrote you do), is far from what can be called realistic and smart.

Also there are limits for what AFCADs and scenery developers can do about active ruynways. The only real way around it is to cheat using different AFCADs loaded for different wind directions.

If you don't use AI aircraft or don't pay attention to the runways they are assigned to, just follow realistic procedures on your own (charts, planning), using RC4 or PFE, or (best) try VATSIM.

If you want to follow exactly what the default ATC is telling you to do, especially based on an AFCAD for a multi-runway airport not proper for current winds, you will eventually go nuts.

There is no way you can be very realistic for approach/runway procedures in MFS based on the default ATC and one universal AFCAD for a multi-runway airport.

That's the way it is and it is not a fault of Aerosoft (or any other scenery developer). All simmers who care about realism have to compromise and/or find other ways (mentioned above).

Well I am not saying that default ATC is good for reality. If you fly real approach by chart the atc will spam you with with different headings all over and over again. But there is the "free room" that I can choose different runway and different approach. BUT

My topic is about this: I have freeware zurich scenery which has 3 working runways depending on wind and them I have Zurich/Orly payware and I can have 1 runway only. And of course I cant compare the textures quality of freeware and payware but with the possibility to have more runways active I will take it.

For ATC I tried vox atc and I did not like it and with Pro Atc-x I have real troubles especially game stability.

Archived