A319 CFM Brakes Hot Possible Fault

fanblade

Hello Team,

Just been flying the EASYJET A319, had an abandoned TO and used the Brakes. This caused a Hot Brakes Msg, Switched on the Brake Fans but the Hot Brakes Msg stayed on the Screen left it on for over 10 mins.

I switched off the Fans with the Hiot Brakes still showing and then the msg Brake Fans On came on the screen and subsequently cooled the brakes quickly.

It seems the switch for fans is back to front On is Off and Off is On.

V1.21c with Test Thrust fxd applied

Best

That is very weird, for me the BRK FAN message comes on when it is switched on, when its off its off. The fans are on when the switch lights up white with 'on'. On the other hand I am no A320 pilot or engineer, however I do work as ground crew for an airline operating A320's and I have seen it myself in the cockpit, the brakes sometimes are over 300 degrees during the turnaround, the fans sometimes stay on for the entire turnaround and on the taxi out. A total duration sometimes of up to 30-45 mins. It is definately very realistic in my opinion that it takes a decent amount of time for brakes to cool down, remember from over 300 degrees! I think aerosoft hit the nail on the head with the new brake system they did a fantastic job I dont think any other developers thus far have modelled anything like it :)

EDIT: Noticed you were referring to the 319 which I dont own, however the thing you say about on and off being reversed seems odd but I can tell you with regard to that the A320 works fine, if you own it maybe try that in the meantime and see if it shows similar or different behaviour?

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please use thes search function before posting. And the mke it short:

Everything behaves exactly as it should and is confirmed by our real worls airbus drivers.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/90398-breakhot-warning/?hl=%2Bbreak+%2Btemperature#entry646030

Archived